- Name: Levi Top
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 17
- Where: Mountain Grove, MO
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 176 lbs off, 146 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Quads
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Optimum Nutrition Casein and Whey, Fusion Bodybuilding Agent-M
How Did You Get Started?
I always wanted to be strong ever since I heard of Samson from the Bible. I didn't really know how to get there until my dad and I watched an Arnold Schwarzenegger video/autobiography. I thought it was awesome and right from the start, I knew that was what I wanted to do and look like. Arnold was 'the man' in my eyes at that moment. I asked my dad what I could do to look like that. He told me that doing push ups and sit ups would help get me stronger and he showed me how to do them.
From then on, I did them every day and I would never miss a day if I could help it. If there was an off day that I had to miss my workout, I would do double of it the next day. I was nine years old and hooked! My dad then saw that I had the drive to achieve my goals and bought me my first weight set. I then started lifting weights when I was 10 and began growing and sculpting my physique.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
What really seems to work best for me is high volume training. Every one is different so you have to find what works best for you. Maybe your body responds better with heavy weight training, but as for me, high volume training has shown the greatest results. I would say the best training method for high volume is Fascial Stretch Training (FST)-7 by Hany Rambod. FST-7 works on pumping the muscle so full of blood it stretches the membrane layer that surrounds the muscle bellies and therefore improving with more round and fuller muscles.
It's consists of doing 3 to 4 sets with normal heavy compound movements followed by the last exercise, which is more of an isolation exercise, that you perform 7 sets of 10-12 reps resting only 30-45 seconds in between sets. This will fully pump the muscle up and stretch the fascia layer. Below is a Basic FST-7 workout that I started with. I get most of my FST-7 workouts from http://www.fst-7.com.
- Wide Grip Pulldown: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- T-Bar Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 3-4 sets of 10 to12 reps
- Rope Pullover: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Shrug: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Shrug: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
- 45° Calf Raise: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 7 sets of 15-20 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 7 sets of 10-15 reps
- Incline Bench: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Flat Bench: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Flyes: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear Laterals: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Behind Back Shrug: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Side Laterals: 7 sets of 10-15 reps
- V-Bar Pressdown: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Overhead Cable Extension: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
- Two Handed Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Crucifix Curls: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extension: 2 sets of 10-15 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Back Squat: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Hack Squat: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extension: 7 sets of 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 7 sets of 15-20 reps
- 45° Calf Raises: 7 sets of 10-15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
When bulking I will take up to 250g of protein and anywhere from 500 to 600g of carbs. This is the basics of my mass building. For my pre-contest, I take in about 200g of protein and about 100g of carbs in order to cut weight. All from clean lean meats and carbs. Since we discussed FST-7 and mass building above, the follow is my basic mass building diet.
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 scoop casein protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Most of my supplements come from Fusion and Optimum Nutrition. Fusion's Agent-M has really been effective at helping me stay in an anabolic state and to continue building muscle. I also take various BCAAs from both Fusion and Optimum Nutrition throughout the day. My current protein supplements all come from Optimum Nutrition.
As shown above, I take Optimum Nutrition Whey first thing in the morning to transfer my body from a catabolic state as well as post workout. I like to take Optimum Nutrition's Casein before bed since it is a slower acting protein which helps to keep me anabolic while I'm sleeping.
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein: 2 scoops
- Fusion Bodybuilding Glutamend: 1 scoop
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men: 1 serving
- MusclePharm Assault: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness and bodybuilding because of the way it makes me feel, act and look. It puts you in a very positive frame of mind. I also love being a role model in the gym. People of all ages ask for me for my help and advice. I love being able to help people. Bodybuilding also gives me a sense of accomplishment. It's hard not to feel accomplishments when you can see physical results.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Jay Cutler is my greatest role model and biggest inspiration. I hope to be like him and better for others some day. I hope I can be someone that people look up to like I look up to him. He's what I want to become. I want to take it to an even higher level and surpass his achievements one day.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
When I first saw and began to understand what bodybuilding was and how you build a body like that, I was amazed with how large and sculpted the muscles were. I've always wanted to be the strongest I could possibly be since I was a little boy. My dad use to tell me stories of Samson from the Bible and how God gave him his strength. I was just amazed at how Samson could perform in battle and how he defeated so many with just a jaw bone one time. From then on I always prayed for strength like Samson which I think I was around five at the time.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans are to take some time off from competing this year to bulk up. I want to start competing for my pro card in the NPC. From there I want make it into the IFBB and be a successful professional bodybuilder. My goal is to win the Olympia 10 times in a row which has never been done before.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The one tip I would give to anyone is that you have to have a great diet plan and know your nutrition. Knowing how to properly feed the body is a requirement if you want to achieve any fitness goal. Its like this, your body is a high performance race car and you have to give it the right fuel to properly run to its full potential. The same is true for bodybuilding and feeding your body the rite fuel to properly run on all cylinders.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I like the Bodybuilding.com supplement store and am always getting my great line of supplements on there! I am also always reading your articles on training and new information on bodybuilders. It is a great place for free research. I have also learned a good deal about nutrition from your blogs and forums that you post on your Facebook page.