- Name: Joe Reizer
- E-mail: RyzaXIX@yahoo.com
- Age: 18
- Where: Howell, NJ
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 150 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Arms
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: USPlabs Jack3d, Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn,
How Did You Get Started?
My grandfather is 72, he still goes to the gym every morning, and has always trained like a bodybuilder. My dad always worked out with him as a kid, and then the "tradition" of weightlifting continued to me. Going into high school I was one of the skinniest kids weighing about 90 pounds. I wanted to play football, but I was way too light. So I continued training, and by my sophomore year I was around 115.
I was on the team as a wide receiver, but didn't see much playing time. By my junior year I was about 125, started JV, and had a lot of catches, and a few touchdowns. At the start of my senior year is when I first competed in a USBF Natural show, where I was 135 pounds, and placed 2nd.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Legs
- Squat: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg Extension: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlift: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 1 warm up set of 15, 3 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 1 warm up set of 12, 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 2: Chest/Abs
- Flat Barbell Bench Press: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lying Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging Abs Raise: 2 sets of 22 reps
Day 3: Back
- Bent-Over Barbell Row: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8 reps
Day 4: Shoulders
- Standing Overhead Press: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Side Raises: 1 warm up set of 10, 2 sets of 10 reps
- Bent Over Raises: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Front Raises: 1 warm up set of 10, 2 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 1 warm up set of 12 reps, 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Shrugs: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 5: Arms
- Barbell Curl: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Behind-Head Dumbbell Press: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Curl: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Triceps Cable Extension: 1 warm up set of 10, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Day 6 And 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal plan at college, adapting to class schedule.
Meal 1: Breakfast
Meal 2: Between Classes
Meal 3: Lunch
Meal 4: Pre-Workout/Intra-Workout
Meal 5: Post Workout
- 2 scoop Gaspari MyoFusion shake w/ milk and 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 packets of oatmeal w/ 1 scoop of Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion protein
Meal 6: Dinner
Meal 7: Before Bed
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion protein has worked very well for me after workouts. I blend it with milk and 1/3 cup of egg whites. Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn has recently increased my gains rapidly. If drinking enough water the results are very satisfying. I drink it during my workout, and take USPlabs Jack3d as a pre-workout drink.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Besides growing up with it, and always having a gym in my basement because of my Dad, I enjoy the confidence it gives me. Going to the gym is what I look forward to everyday (besides rest days). I also love it because of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and how he is involved with the film industry. I am majoring in film in college, so he is the biggest influence on me besides my family.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Both of my parents are chiropractors, therefore I have always been around the mindset of being as healthy as I can be. In addition, weightlifting has been in my family since my 72 year old Grandpa, who had 19 inch arms in his younger days. I plan to continue the tradition and lifestyle.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have always worked out with my best friend, Johnny, who I knew since I was 8 years old. Every day we would hangout, and then drive to the gym together in the evening. He was killed in a car accident this year. I always had trouble gaining because I never ate enough, and ever since he passed away I have been training full throttle, and eating as much as I can. It was always our goal to get as "jacked" as we could, and I have to continue with that goal. I know he's still in the gym with me every day, and he motivates me for all of my goals in the gym, and out.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am now in my first year of college, so I plan to continue to lift, and bulk up over the year until I decide I'm ready to compete again. Other than that, I'm focusing on making movies, while striving for an Arnold physique.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
There's no one perfect routine out there. Everyone has what works for them personally. Just because one training split works well for one person, doesn't mean it will do the same for you.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?