- Name: Jeremy Marchetta
- E-mail: AllAmericanPFT@aol.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Minneapolis, MN
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 183 lbs off, 159 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: ON Pro Complex, NX Labs Nitro T3, BSN Cellmass
How Did You Get Started?
I played basketball in high school and I was never a tall guy. I figured if I wanted to succeed I might as well be strong if not tall! I beefed up from 150 to 178 over the summer from my junior to senior year. I considered quitting basketball to continue lifting because I loved lifting so much, however I continued to play ball.
I lost 20 pounds over the season and touched a weight maybe once every two weeks to my disappointment. I moved out after my senior year and began college that fall. Needless to say I didn't have much spare time. In July of 2007 I began hitting the weights pretty hard again and started to slowly see my size return. VERY slowly.
In October the owner of an Anytime Fitness had suggested I compete in a show he was promoting 2 weeks later. I declined because I was in no condition for that, but made it a goal to compete in 2008. After training hard for 6 months I gave it my first shot at the Mr. Natural Minnesota competition in April, and I've been hooked ever since.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Right now I am trying a 3 on one off split where I hit 2 body parts every four days, but typically I hit each body part with full intensity one time per week. It looks like something like this. The exercises change frequently though, but the structure is similar.
Day 1: Chest:
- 4x6-10 Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
- 4x6-10 Incline Bench Dumbbell Press
- 4x8-10 Decline Bench Dumbbell Press
- 4x10-15 Incline Flys Superset with Pec Dec
- 4x15-20 Cable Crossovers with drop sets
Day 2: Legs:
- 4x4-8 Squats
- 4x6-10 Leg Press superset with Deadlifts
- 4x6 Front Squats tri set with Leg Extensions and Hamstring Curls
- 2x Calf Raises
Day 3: Back:
- 4x 8-12 Lat Pulldown
- 4x 6-10 Barbell Rows
- 4x 12 seated rows
- 4x6-8 One-arm dumbbell rows
- 5x15 Good Mornings
Day 4: Shoulders:
- 4x 6-10 Overhead Dumbbell Press superset with lateral raises
- 4x12-15 Lateral raises superset with bent over raises
- 4x 12-15 Front Plate Raises
- 5x6-12 Shrugs
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps:
- 3x6-12 Alternating Dumbbell Curls
- 3x8-12 Preacher Curls
- 3x8-10 Incline Dumbbell Curls
- 3x12-18 High Cable Curls
- 3x6-8 Close Grip Bench Press
- 3x 5-12 Overhead Dumbbell Extension
- 3x 6-10 Incline Bench Skull Crushers
- 3x12 V-Bar Pressdowns or overhead rope extensions
I will usually work Abs on my off days. My off days are usually the fourth and seventh day of my workout week, doing a three-on-one-off, two-on-one-off split.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Unconventionally high protein, like 300-350 or more. I keep the carbs moderate, around 350 at the highest. I find my body converts carbs to fat pretty quickly and it won't slow down until I slow the carb intake. Fat stays relatively moderate, between 65-85 grams usually.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
ON Pro Complex and the BSN Stack gave me tremendous gains when I took them at the same time. Supplements can be pretty pricey though, so I generally just stick with a whey protein and a flawless work ethic.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It's a competition and testament to health and fitness which is what my whole life is based on. It is the opportunity to prove I am the most committed to taking care of my temple. It is also a sport where you can never reach the top... there is always room for improvement, always maintenance and improvements to be made.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I know I will be a professional natural bodybuilder someday. I'd like to pursue that goal in the next 2 to 3 years after my body has the chance to mature a little bit. I would like to win a few major titles at some point in my life. But it is all up to time and God's plan, we will see. I take it one day at a time, one show at a time.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be committed. Be patient.