- Name: Franklin Chance
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Savannah, Georgia
- Height: 6'3"
- Weight: 180(competition), 205(off seas
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Incline bench press
- Favorite Supplements: Creatine monohydrate, Optimum nutrition 100% whey
How Did You Get Started?
I was always the tall skinny kid... one day at work, I asked my manager (Ray) how he got so big, so we started talking about working out and he got me to go one to the gym one day. Once I felt that soreness and that high... I was hooked.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday - Chest & Serratus:
- Bench or incline (switch it up)
- Dumbbell bench 5 sets 12,10,8,6,4
- Bench or incline (opposite as above) 3x8
- Optional decline (use this on light days) 3x8
Dumbbell flys 3x8
Chest pullovers 3x8
Dips (leaning forward with legs behind you) 3x8
If you are only working chest do 3 sets pushups whatever you can do- keep in mind there are many variations of the pushup including single arm ones for the brave.
Tuesday - Legs & Glutes:
- Squats or 5x8 with moderate weight
- Superset leg curls with leg extensions 3x8 (make sure you get full range of motion) - watch the weight stack, when it gets close to the bottom, lift it back up
- Lunges with barbell 2x8 (total of 32 reps, remember you have to do both legs) or you can do front squats instead
- Leg press machine 3x8
- Calf raises (seated or standing (smith machine)) 10x10
Keep in mind- presses build mass, while curls and extensions define and cut
Wednesday - Back & Shoulders:
- Dumbbell military press (seated) 5 sets 12,10,8,6,4
- Superset front and side raises with light dumbbell 2-3x8
- Deadlift (start light) do not curve your back 4 sets 12,10,8,6
- Shrugs 5x10 (you can go heavy) - do not roll shoulders or bend elbows
- Pyramid weight bent over row 3x8
- Lat pull down superset with seated row 4x8 - Instead of pull downs you can do pull-ups
- Dumbbell row (kneeling on bench with heavy weight) 3x8
- Optional reverse flys 2x8
- Close grip upright row with barbell or cable 3x8
Thursday - Rest But Do Abs & Obliques
You can do some cardio but limit it to 1 mile. Too much cardio will burn too much energy and you won't be able to gain mass
Friday - Biceps & Triceps (secondary- forearms)
- Dumbbells curls increasing weight each time 5 sets 12,10,8,6,4
- Triceps press downs on cable 3x8
- Hammer curls 3x8
- Behind the neck triceps extension with one dumbbell 3x8
- Dips with legs in front (lean back) optional- weighted 3x10
- One arm cable curls 3x8
- Max straight bar curl 3x1
- E-Z bar curls 3 sets of burnouts
- 21s (run the rack from high to low with hammer curls) 7 reps then move to next weight down strip sets with any of these workouts
Every Day - Abdominals, Obliques, and Serratus
- Crunches (legs can be up or down same for arms)
- Reverse crunches- on an incline bench (you can do less reps with these) works lower abs
- Side bends either standing or on an inclined bench usually holding a weight
- Sit up with a twist to each side
- Hanging crunch
You can't over-train your abs. Pick 3-6 of these exercises and do as many as you can or have time for.
You want abs? Eat leaner. Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. White meat chicken and fish, boiled, grilled, pan seared in olive oil eat with green veggies like broccoli or spinach. Try to eat every 2 hours- 6 small meals per day about 400-450 calories per meal. Drink water at least 8 16.9 ounce bottles per day if you are working out. Possibly only 6 if you are not working out.
Lastly, on average you want 16 sets per muscle group to be considered moderate volume of training.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
About 40% protein, 50% carbs, and 10% fat
Protein - turkey, eggs, lean steak, tuna chicken
Carbs - rice, vegetables, oats, potatoes
Very little dairy or fruit
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It gives me that extra challenge, while improving my personal well being.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on getting some more size and competing as a heavyweight one day.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be patient. Don't resort to drugs because you don't see gains. It takes time and effort to build you body into what you want.