- Name: David R. Avakian
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 18
- Where: Fresno, California
- Height: 5' 9"
- Weight: 198 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :6
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Press
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein, Micronized Creatine, Glutamine, Vitamin C, E.
How Did You Get Started?
I was first introduced to lifting when I began training for the wrestling team in seventh grade. I continued wrestling up o my sophomore year in high school. I also stayed at a measly 130lbs during season!
I thought a lot about my goals in life, and one main goal was to look good. I knew I had great potential even with a small figure. I just couldnâ€™t let that go. I quit the team and began eating right and putting together a strict weight lifting routine. And here I am!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I construct a different workout each and every week. I base it on specific principals found on this website. Here is an example of what one would look like:
Monday - Back
1. Seated Cable Rows....2 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Barbell Rows....2 sets 4-6 reps
3. V-Bar Pull-downs....2 sets 4-6 reps
4. Pull-ups....2 sets to failure
Tuesday - Shoulders & Traps
1. Seated Dumbbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Side Lateral Raises....2 sets 4-6 reps
3.Rear Lateral Raises....2 sets 4-6 reps
1. Upright Rows....2 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Barbell Shrugs....3 sets 4-6 reps
Wednesday - Abs, Calves & Chest
1. Cable Crunches....2 sets 8-12 reps (After weight acclimation)
2. Weighted Leg Raises....2 sets 8-12 reps
3. Swiss Ball Crunches....1 set 12-15 reps
4. Swiss Ball Leg Raises....1 set 12-15 reps
1. Calf Raises on Leg Press (1 foot at a time)....3 sets
6-8 reps (After warm-up)
2. Seated Calf Machine....2 sets 6-8 reps
1. Incline Barbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Incline Dumbbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps
Thursday - Legs
1. Squats....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
2. Leg Press....2 sets 4-6 reps
3. Stiff Leg Deadlifts....2 sets 4-6 reps
Friday - Biceps, Triceps & Forearms
Biceps & Triceps:
1. Dumbbell Curls....2 sets 4-6 reps* (After warm-up)
2. Cable Pushdowns....2 sets 4-6 reps (After Warm-up)
3. Barbell Curls....3 sets 4-6 reps
4. Lying Tricep Extensions....3 sets 4-6 reps
1. Barbell Wrist Curls....2 sets 6-8 reps
2. Standing Dumbbell Wrist Curls....2 sets 6-8 reps
I alternate between the bicep and tricep exercises grouped together until 2 sets of each are completed. I also alternate between warm-up sets of the first two exercises listed. I take a normal rest period between sets. This is NOT a superset.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Right now (during the winter months), I concentrate on taking in as much good calories as I can ingest. When shirtless season comes around, I tend to reduce my caloric intake a bit according to my body fat level and fat loss goals.
Mass Building Diet and Supplementation Program
Below is a structured diet and supplementation plan that follows the Max-OT nutrition parameters. You will need to make modifications or adjustments to the actual serving sizes to accommodate your individual body weight and to meet the 53/37/10 - protein, carbohydrate, to fat ratio.
* Meal 1: 6AM
2 scoops of musclemilk mixed with 20 ounces of skim milk and 5 grams of Micronized Creatine
* Meal 2: 9AM
2 servings VP2 Whey Isolate mixed in 20 ounces of skim milk
1 large apple
* Meal 3: 12PM
2 grilled chicken breasts
1 Serving Rice
1 cup of low-fat Yogurt
1 serving Optimum Whey in 20 ounces skim milk.
* Meal 5: 6PM (Post-workout)
2 servings VP2 Whey Isolate combined with 1 serving Creatine HSC mixed in cold water. (This is an important meal and is designed for an insulin spike at just the right time to increase creatine and amino acid uptake by the muscle cells.)
* Meal 6: 7PM
8 to 10 ounces of lean round or flank steak
1 large serving of rice
1 medium baked potato
1 large green salad
* Meal 7: 10PM
1 packet of Ny-Tro PRO-40 mixed with 20 ounces of skim milk
1 large banana
3 to 5 grams of GL3 L-Glutamine
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Definitely whey protein and creatine. I like to mix my creatine with a bunch of simple carbs. I try to take a serving of each before and after workouts.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I like the fact that I can't miss a workout or I'll feel like crap. I like working hard for my results and I like the amazing results I get from constantly working hard.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I want to eventually compete. I think it is a great start being named teen of the week. This has been a very rewarding accomplishment.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Keep pushing yourself to work to your fullest potential. Never give up until you surpass your goals. And always train with the utmost intensity, it is the only way to maximize your gains!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Ronnie Coleman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Ahmad Haidar