- Name: ChenJui CJ Cheng
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Birmingham Alabama
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 210 lbs off 170 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders, Back, Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Row, Bench Press, Incline Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: Cyto-Gainer, American Whey
How Did You Get Started?
I joined our high school football team and I was the strongest kid on the team. During 2006 I met Mitch Ross (a gym owner/trainer from my area) that's actually one of my best friend's dads. His son Ross and I became workout partners and I have been lifting since. Then I met this guy Michael McDavid and he introduced me to some of his friends that competed in bodybuilding which is what got me started in that. I competed in powerlifting when I was a kid but I got to the point where I was really bulky and needed to lean down so I decided to do a bodybuilding show and I just fell in love with the sport.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Chest
- Bench Press: 2 sets of 20 warm up sets, 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Chest Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Push-Ups: 1 set to failure
Day 2: Back
- Deadlift: 2 warm up sets of 20 reps, 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Barbell or Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Pull-Ups: 3 sets to failure
- Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 3: Legs
Legs Extension: 5 sets of 20 reps
Leg Curl: 5 sets of 20 reps
- Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hack Squat: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets back and forth length of gym
Day 4: Shoulders
- Lateral Raise: 5 drop sets of 20, 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Front Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Shoulder Press Behind The Neck: 3 sets of 10 reps
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps
- Giant Set:
EZ Preacher Curl: 1 set of 15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curl: 1 set of 15 reps
Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 15 reps
Bent Over Close Grip Curl: 1 set of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Triceps Pressdown: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Dips: 3 sets to failure
Day 6 And 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
My diet remains the same all year round. During my off season I increase the portion of my meals and when contest season comes I cut down the portions. I have a cheat meal once a week.
Meal 1: 6 AM
Meal 2: 9 AM
Meal 3: 12 Noon
Meal 4: 3 PM
Meal 5: 6 PM
Meal 6: 9 PM
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It keeps me healthy. Sometimes I am really stressed out from school I would take it out on lifting weights. Other than that, it's just a hobby of mine and hopefully I will be able to take it to the next level as a Pro bodybuilder.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Cancer runs in my family so I really have to watch everything I eat. My parents have a really strict diet as well so it makes it a lot easier.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I have a supportive family and group of friends that believe in me. I have heard people making good comments about me in the sport of bodybuilding. I am taking it step by step. I need to get qualified for a national show, then enter and win which is the only way to turn pro. First I just need to fill out my frame. I know I can do it and I still have time.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I need to put on more size to fill up my frame. Since I am 5'8 I figure I need to be in the Heavy weight class to be competitive on any national level. I am still young and time is on my side so I am definitely going to value the next few years as I try to put on some quality muscle. I am qualified for Teen Nationals next year. My plan is to get my name out then people will see me when I enter the Junior Nationals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Eat, train, sleep, warm up your shoulders before any press movements, and always stretch in between sets.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?