What is your favorite dream car? Let's say for the purpose of this message that it is a brand new Ferrari. So, I go out and buy this $300,000 car, loaded with all the options. You name the new gadget, it is on there. Would you like to drive it?
Better than driving my brand new Ferrari, would you like to borrow it? I tell you what, I will let you have my new $300,000 Ferrari! I will make all the payments on it. I will pay for the top of the line insurance for it as well. All I ask is that you take care of it, keep it cleaned and polished at all times, put the high octane fuel in it, take it for all the scheduled tune-ups and oil changes, alignments and everything else that goes along with respecting my property.
Do you think you can do those things for me? So do we have a deal? If you are like most people in their right minds, you would have answered yes to these questions.
Before I hand over the keys to my brand new Ferrari, let me ask you just one more question. You say you will do everything I ask you to do in regards to taking care of the car, but how can you take care of this expensive car when you don't even take care of yourself this way?
Ironic, isn't it, that today we would actually take care of a car, even though it may be worth $300,000, more than we would take care of our priceless bodies that God has given us.
You know that compared to our bodies that brand new Ferrari is like another grain of sand on a beach. There is no comparison. Why do we disregard the Temples of the Holy Spirit, our bodies, the way we do? Why is that? Do we think that we are invincible? Do we actually think our body is ours to do what we want?
Your Body Is A Temple
In the Bible at 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 quotes: "Or don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."
Another bible verse tells us what a mighty gift we do have. 2 Corinthians 4:7 states: "but this precious treasure, the light and the power that now shine within us, is held in perishable containers that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own."
Desecration Of The Temple
- Our bodies are borrowed! We are temples of the Holy Spirit! Our power comes from God! What are we telling God when we do not make time for him, put junk into our bodies, pollute our minds with the filth on TV , gossip, murmuring, and complaining instead of praising God for what we have?
Do you take preventative measures to make sure that your health is optimal? Can you agree we are basically desecrating our bodies and desecrating the temple of God?
This is exactly what the enemy wants to do to you. Satan will do his best so you will take your mind off the most important things in life, jumble up your priorities, and slowly take you into the complacency of the world.
If you take a deep look at your life are your priorities in the order of God, spouse, family, work, etc (in that order) or are the most important things replaced with work and other less important areas?
In turn this gives the enemy a foothold in your life keeping you from reaching your optimal potential physically, mentally, and spiritually that God has in store for you.
A Health Crisis
There is a huge health crisis going on in our world today, especially in the U.S. The U.S. is the Richest country in the world and ranked #1 in Healthcare (sick care really!).
Despite the healthcare system that is in effect, we continually get worse and worse, falling prey to increase disease. Most of the increase in death and disease is due to poor lifestyle choices.
Lifestyle Choices Begin At Home
- This is affecting your home. Today we have the highest rate of childhood obesity, children are on more medication then ever before, and around half of the U.S. population is considered overweight.
What is the most disturbing is that most of these illnesses, diseases and excess drug use could have been prevented by lifestyle choices such as time with God, diet, exercise, time management, stress management, and optimizing your body's overall function the way it was created.
That should tell you that what we are doing now and for the past years is not working, and we need to step out of the circle of sickness and start seeking other ways to optimize our health and take back our bodies from the world and start giving it back to God.
With God being the top priority everything else will fall into place with the right guidelines.
Apathy Towards Our Health
- I believe as a society we have come to accept the state our health is in. We can not be good, effective witnesses if we are unhealthy, in pain, depressed with a bad attitude, suffering, and eventually becoming bitter toward God.
I believe the word of God where it states in John10:10 that" The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
How can we live the abundant life if we are ridden with disease, sickness, pain, depression, over-medicated, and decreased quality of life? Is that God's plan for you? Never! So many of us have self inflicted this abuse on themselves. We try to control everything and forget that our bodies are temples of God. Just as God has given you the will to choose salvation, you have the will to make other choices in your life as well.
Choosing God's Will
We need to stop relying on our feelings and start choosing God's will, God's word, God's authority to transform our lives and give us the strength to rebuild the temple that we may have desecrated. We can not do it on our own. I hear many people use excuses like: "It is too late, too hard, what's the use, I have no time, and I do not want to fail." Speaking these words, who are you relying on? Man or God?
God wants the best for us. This means an optimal life, free of pain, sickness, drugs and disease. We need to be healthy in our minds, spirit, and body. If one of those areas suffers, the remaining two will also suffer.
If our temples are not healthy, we can not live up to the promised word of God. It is our responsibility to be beacons of light to this dying world. Joel Osteen said it best with "People would rather see a sermon than to listen to one." We have to present ourselves to God in out best condition so He can use us whenever He needs to.
Again, to drill my point into your minds, how can we witness to our fullest and help others when we are sick, over medicated, diseased, depressed and can barely even take care of ourselves?
Our Responsibilty To The Temple
- Now let's ask ourselves the question, "What is our responsibility when it comes to our bodies?" Our bodies and our health is a gift from God. We need to respect the temple of the Holy Spirit by making it the strongest structure it can possible be mentally, spiritually, and physically. We must stay educated on health and health awareness and also educate others.
Knowledge Is Power
- In Hosea 4:6 it reads" My people die from lack of knowledge." There are no more excuses about bad food choices and bad lifestyle choices anymore. A nonchalant attitude will not keep you from the reality of a life threatening disease.
We need the knowledge of God, to help us in every area of our lives, so we can be healthy, strong, and serve as spiritual warriors for Him, showing ourselves as good witnesses and the wonderful abundant life a person can and will have with Jesus in their lives. You are God's masterpiece and deserve the best of care.
Strength Through Christ
- We tend to hit mental road blocks, and our emotions and feelings will want to take over and dictate our actions. This is when we need to rely on the strength of God and his word to get us through all obstacles not only in life, but also in taking care of ourselves. Jesus wants to help you. He said he will never leave you or forsake you. That includes giving us the strength to change our lives mentally physically and spiritually.
It says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." If you stick to God's will, you will be rewarded with all the promises you have already been given in life. When you are going through times of discouragement, speak God's word over your life, he will renew your strength and give you power expecting us to take advantage of it.
Here are the actions we need to start taking to Re-build the Temple:
- Exercise, nutrition, peace management, time management, keeping your body's structure balanced and maintained.
- Start This Second.
- This is a life changing experience, not some diet or new fad. It says in Proverbs 27:1" Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what tomorrow will bring." This is why today is the day to start taking action toward living the life God want you to have.
- Strength from God.
- Prioritize your life:
- God 1st, Spouse 2nd. Family 3rd, Work 4th...etc
- James 4:17 "for it is a sin to know what you ought to do and not do it."
Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your work to the Lord and then your plans will succeed."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "So I run straight toward the goal with purpose in every step."
When we commit ourselves to doing the will of God, we no longer allow man, emotions, or the way we feel to lead us. We allow God to lead us.
The Blessings Of Health
Health is a blessing. Do not wait until you are sick to realize this. When you are sick you must thank God for your health and healing, and when you are healthy you must thank God for that as well.
The definition of health is not just the mere absence of disease, but a state of optimal functioning of the systems in your body. We need to start taking care of ourselves using the above methods to prevent infirmities from reaching and making an impact on our lives.
Start Rebuilding Your Temple
- We are instructed by the Lord! Start taking your bodies back from Satan and start rebuilding your temple for your heavenly Father who lives in you.
Do it for your family and friends who want you around for a long time, do it for yourself, and do it to obey God. Our God is an active God; it is your turn to take action. If you do this, I promise you will have a life changing experience for the good.
God will use you more than ever and take you to places you would not even imagine. Make the decision right now to Pursue Health, Pursue Happiness, and to Pursue the Abundant life God has in store for you.
Dr. Chris Zaino
Thanks for reading! If you are interested in reaching your optimal health potential and/or receiving a Customized Nutrition / Training/ Supplement program email Dr. Chris Zaino at DrCZ@aol.com.