Weight Before: 150 lbs
Weight After: 180 lbs
Bodyfat Before: 20%
Bodyfat After: 8%
Biceps Before: 11 in.
Biceps After: 16.5 in.
Calves Before: 13 in.
Calves After: 17.5 in.
Why I Got Started
We took a trip to the Arnold Classic. I wanted to look like the fitness models I saw there. Physically impossible. Most of them are 5-foot-5 or shorter and 120 pounds. I am nearly 6 feet tall and 150 on my skinniest day. So I figured I would try to be as strong and muscular as I could, and it only took a few months to see I was born to be big!
How I Did It
My husband was/is a personal trainer; he has never "trained" me, but has taught me everything I know about lifting. Lots of heavy weights, not missing workouts, dedication, discipline and diet (eating enough to grow).
- Elite protein powder by Dymatize
- Lean Out by Beverly International
- Energy Reserve by Beverly International
- 7 Keto by Beverly International
- Muscularity by Beverly International
- Labrada Charge Fat Burner
Sample Week Of Diet (Contest)
M, T, TH, F
6 egg whites
1 can green beans (no salt)
Salad with Flax oil and vinegar
6 oz chicken
1 can green beans
6 oz tuna
1 can green beans
Elite Protein Shake (butter cream toffee is my favorite!)
6 oz chicken or extra lean ground beef
2 cups of veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers)
6 oz chicken or Elite Protein Shake
Same as above adding 2 rice cakes to post workout meal
Saturday & Sunday:
Same as M, T, TH, FR adding 1 serving Cream of Wheat to meal 1.
Monday: Chest & Shoulders.
- Warm-up: Chest Press machine 2 sets 15-25 reps
- Chest Press Machine 3 sets 10 reps
- Flat or Incline DB Presses 3 sets 10 reps
- Pec Deck or Flyes 3 sets 10 reps
- Shoulder Presses 3 sets 10 reps
- Lateral Raises 3 sets 10 reps
- Upright Rows 3 sets 10 reps
- Rear Delt Raise 3 sets 10 reps
Wednesday: Back & Hamstrings.
- Pullups As many as possible
- Lat Pulldowns 4 sets 10 reps
- Deadlifts 3-4 sets 8-10 reps
- Row (DB or Barbell) 3 sets 10 reps
- Straight Arm Pulldowns 3 sets 10 reps
- Hamstring Curls 3 sets 10 reps
- Stiff-Leg Deadlifts 3 sets 10 reps
- DB Bicep Curls 2 warm-up sets 15 reps
- DB Bicep Curls 3 sets 10 reps
- EZ Bar Curls 3 sets 10 reps
- Cable Curls 3 sets 10 reps
- Overhead DB Press 3 sets 10 reps
- Head Crushers 3 sets 10 reps
- Cable Pushdown 3 sets 10 reps
*Sometimes we would superset a bicep exercise with a triceps exercise.
- Leg Extensions 5 sets 10-15 reps
- Squats 3 sets 15 reps
- Press or Hacks 3 sets 10 reps
- Leg Curls 3 sets 10 reps
- Walking Lunges 3 sets 10 reps
- Calf Raises 2 rounds
*Reps are 15, 15, 8, 8, 8 with 10 second rest between then immediately 50 bodyweight lifts = 1 "round" (15 reps, rest 10 seconds, 15 reps rest 10 seconds, 8 reps, rest 10 seconds, etc.)(Usually most exercises were giant sets).
Suggestions For Others
Be disciplined. Anyone can say they are going to change, but you have to take action to actually do it! Be a do-er not a talker! Once you reach your goals, help others.
Remember how many questions you had when you were just starting. Be patient. Results take time, but you will never get there if you don't keep trying. The best advice I can give is straight from The New Testament in the Words of Jesus "Love God" and "Love one another" Matthew 22: 37-39.