Name: Joe Tete
Age: 67 Height: 6'1 Weight: 201 lbs
Location: Medford, NJ
Years Competing: On And Off Since 1968
Playing professional football in the late 1960s I had a re-occurring shoulder injury; I separated and dislocated it many times. I went to gym to do my own rehab as there were no rehab centers in those days.
I saw bodybuilders who competed and wanted a challenge to compete again. I started to work out and entered my first contest after only 3 months, then went on to win Mr. New Jersey after 17 months (1969). I was ranked top ten in the country in 1971.
Besides making a living from it, I love the challenge of competing and accomplishing my goals for health and sculpturing my body. Working out gives everyone a natural high that becomes addicting.
Obviously, it improves confidence by making me look and feel at least 15 years younger and being so much stronger and healthier compared to the people who do not live the fitness/bodybuilding life style. At my age, being 67, strength, well being and good health helps me enjoy a quality life. Without fitness and bodybuilding my energy and confidence would be much lower.
I was a professional athlete who had a career-ending injury at the time. I needed some form of competition so I got into bodybuilding and wanted to be the best I could be at the time. I wanted to go against the best to see how I would fair against them. I had the desire, fortitude, discipline, and never-give-up attitude.
ACTIVITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 1968: Tang Su Do black belt, Shin Karate - Burlington, NJ
- 1969: Won Mr. New Jersey contest
- 1971: Ranked top 10 in country (bodybuilding)
- All State football, Florence H.S - Florence, NJ
- Little All America football, Shippensburg Univ.
- Major promoter of bodybuilding and boxing (over 50 promotions)
- Personal trainer for pro athletes
- Guest host on numerous major television and radio talk shows
- Featured in numerous fitness magazines and news papers
To stay healthy, fit and live a quality life.
Push thru hard workouts ... rest properly and never, never give up.
The Store and looking the up values of certain supplements.