Bodybuilding And Healthy Self-Esteem
The meaning of the word self-esteem: pride in oneself; self-respect. There is a wide range of ways in which you can build your self-esteem.
For some people self-esteem will come naturally. For others, it will take some time and work. Building self-esteem through bodybuilding is very healthy and effective.
Click Image To Enlarge.
Author, Danijela Crevar: "For Some People, Building
Self-Esteem Will Take Some Time & Work."
How Bodybuilding Promotes Self-Esteem
- Bodybuilding promotes good health. Being healthy overall makes you feel good and improves your self-esteem.
- Bodybuilding improves your health conditions. Imagine what a positive impact it has on your self-esteem.
- Bodybuilding can decrease risks of different diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol in blood, etc. Not having to worry about these diseases means you can have more pride in yourself.
- Bodybuilding improves your concentration and thinking which is a great way to make you think and focus on the positive.
- Bodybuilding increases your strength, endurance and flexibility. With increasing physical strength and endurance your self-esteem increases too.
- Bodybuilding extends your youthfulness and slows down the process of aging. Feeling young and looking younger than those around the same age will make you feel great.
- Bodybuilding increases your fitness appearance which leads to a strong feeling of self-image.
- Bodybuilding creates a flow of positive energy which manifests a positive and healthy self-esteem.
- Bodybuilding changes the way you look and feel. Everything that makes us feel better about ourselves improves our self-esteem.
- Bodybuilding improves your self-esteem by helping you to enjoy, accept and respect yourself overall as a person.
- Bodybuilding makes you feel more powerful and automatically raises your self-esteem.
- Bodybuilding makes your body well shaped, fit and attractive and at the same time brings a positive sense of self-attractiveness.
- Bodybuilding will help you relax and release stress. Being relaxed is great for your overall health, mind and body.
Enjoying Your Life
Most people feel bad about their job or relationship or their look from time to time. Feeling bad can cause low self-esteem which keeps you from enjoying life.
Recognizing these feelings is the first thing you need in a process of changing from low self-esteem to healthy self-esteem. You have a right to feel good about yourself.
However, it can be difficult to feel good about yourself when you are under a lot of pressure at work, you are having relationship troubles or you are 30-50 lbs overweight. All of these life circumstances makes you feel bad, lowers your self-esteem, leads to depression and possibly illness.
If you notice these bad feelings, start doing things that will help you feel better right away like eating well and getting plenty of exercise.
Listen to your body and your mind. The way you feel inside could be reflected on the outside and the way you look on the outside can change your inside state. Here are a couple of good examples:
- If you have not had enough rest you will look tired, sleepy and without any will to do anything. If you have not had breakfast, you can look and feel nervous, weak and pale in your face.
- If you are overweight, you can have health problems such as high blood pressure and heart disease. Also you breathe harder, you get tired faster, and you have less self-confidence.
From this you can learn that you should maintain the balance between inner and outside beauty. To do that, here is some simple advice from my own experiences:
Danijela's Personal Tips For Balance
- Have 5-6 balanced, smaller meals every day.
- Give your body enough fluids, 2-3 liters every day.
- Give your body adequate rest, 8-9 hours of sleep every day.
- Exercise regularly 3-5 days per week.
Try to be moderate and balanced in everything, nothing too much or too little. Your inner beauty is your mental balance, your peace and calmness.
Inner beauty is something that shows through you, your consciousness and your inner state. Inner beauty comes from your mind and heart when they are balanced and coordinated. Inner peace is the center of your outside beauty.
Bodybuilding will help you make the balance between your inner health, state of mind and physical appearance. Balancing the way you feel and look will promote a healthy self-esteem.
Having a healthy self-esteem instead a low self-esteem could be a matter of choice. We all have the power and freedom to choose. Use the freedom of choice when it comes to the food you eat and the type of activities you engage in.
Always make choices which will bring you closer towards healthy self-esteem. Every choice you make in your eating habits and daily activities will lead you a step closer or further from your goal.
Making The Right Choices
Make the right choices to increase you self-esteem:
- Choose water instead of caloric drinks or alcohol. Water is the best fluid you can give to your body whether you are dieting or working on weight gain.
- Choose fruits instead sweets. It is a healthier choice and better for your body shape.
- Choose to exercise. Bodybuilding will give you great activity. Any activity is better then not being active at all.
- If you smoke, choose to stop smoking. Imagine what you will do for your health if you stop smoking.
- Choose to give your body enough rest and sleep. There are many factors that will run down the body and make you feel tired. Rest is necessary for renewed energy. Give your body what it deserves. It will serve you much better.
- Choose to love yourself. If you do not love or respect yourself, no one else will.
- Choose to be healthy in your mind and body. Mind and body connection play a big part in determining someone's health status.
- Choose to be positive. Expect positive in all you do.
You can definitely add more right and healthy choices to this list. If you make the right choices, your life will become more comfortable and fulfilled. To make sure that you did make the right choices, ask yourself one more time after you choose something: "Did I make the right choices?"
What do you do to feel and look good? What do you do to raise your self-esteem? Because of different circumstances, sometimes you cannot do much to feel and look good (Job, house, family, stress and so on).
Can you see yourself in this example? If you do see yourself as a victim of circumstances and if you do not take care of yourself, nobody else will.
Make yourself number one. Make yourself feel good by doing what you love to do and what makes you feel good. If it's a massage, pedicure and manicure, go and do it.
If it's exercising, swimming, walking in the park, meditating in some quiet and peaceful place, just do it. Do well for yourself and then wait and see what happens.
Do you eat right and exercise or do you just think and talk about it? Are you the person who talks the talk and walks the walk? Or do you just talk and plan, but keep procrastinating.
Remember exercise is doing not talking. It is alright to plan ahead, but do not weight for the new year to start exercising. Start right away. The sooner you start, the sooner you will be able to see great results.
Do you have a million excuses for not taking action now? Two of the most used excuses for procrastinating exercise workouts are: "I do not have time for a workout" and "I feel too tired to exercise".
Make a time for what you want. Do you want a healthy and fit body? Do you want a healthy self-esteem? I am sure the answer is yes. Well, make a plan to exercise at least three times per week for one hour. Every week has 168 hours. Do not tell me that you can not make three hours of 168 hours for your exercise time.
Felling tired is a result of not being active and not working on your energy level. Exercise will only do well for your energy and endurance. Feeling tired after exercise is healthy. Feeling tired and not being active means you are out of shape.
What will happen if you do something towards your goals and what are the outcomes if you do not take any actions?
|Positive Outcomes||Negative Outcomes|
|Feeling Strong||Feeling Weak|
|Feeling Energetic||Feeling Tired|
|Looking Great||Out Of Shape|
|Staying Healthy||Risk Of Disease|
|Increase In Confidence||Loss Of Confidence|
|Healthy Self-Esteem||Low Self-Esteem|
This list can go on. Do you like the list of positive outcomes or the list of negative outcomes? We come again to choice. So, choose the best for your body, mind and health.
Remember, it is only you who can change the way you look or feel. And nobody is more important than you for your self-esteem. Respect yourself, love your whole body, take good care of yourself and enjoy life.