Who has time to rattle pots and pans just to stay in shape? I don't, and you probably don't either. But if you hope for lean muscle mass gains or want to shed excess body fat to get as lean as possible, making sure you eat correctly is an absolute must.
The busier our lives become, the more we ignore our nutrition. Aside from food fanatics and chefs, most of us don't desire spent hours slaving in the kitchen, on top of going to the gym and getting everything else done during the day. Before you wheel into a fast food joint and ruin your diet in the name of convenience, try any of these 5 delicious, healthy and convenient meals that are a breeze to prepare.
Balanced with a healthy mix of proteins, carbs and fats, these meals support a healthy diet and training regimen. There are no more excuses to not eat healthy, so don't be an ignoramus, and start eating right!
Tuna-Avocado Pita, No Sweat!
Tuna is an excellent protein source. It feeds your muscles while keeping your stomach satisfied. Pair the power-protein fish with avocado (a terrific source of healthy fats) and you have a filling meal that will help you swim through the day.
- Sliced Avocado
- Whole Wheat Pita Wrap
- Spinach Leaves
- Apple Slices
- Additional Veggies (optional)
- Open the can of tuna, drain the water and spoon the tuna into the whole wheat pita wrap.
- Top the tuna with sliced avocado, spinach leaves and the apple slices.
- Add any additional vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms or carrots as desired - voilá!
Tuna-Avocado Pita Recipe PDF (43.5 KB)
Get A Head Start With This Granola Bowl
If you're looking for a quick meal to kick-start the day and want to turn the typical unhealthy breakfast on its head, the granola bowl is the perfect alternative. This granola concoction is nutritious, easy and won't dupe you into a crash-and-burn energy spike.
- Raw Oats
- Slivered Almonds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Dried Cranberries
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Skim Milk
- Fresh Berries (optional)
- Place the raw oats in a bowl and top them with the slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and vanilla protein powder.
- Pour a half cup of skim milk over the top and sprinkle a few optional fresh berries on top.
Place the raw oats in a bowl and top them with the slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and vanilla protein powder. Pour a half cup of skim milk over the top and sprinkle a few optional fresh berries on top.
Golden Bowl Recipe PDF (25.8 KB)
A Brisk Shrimp Salad In Seconds
Shrimp is an excellent and quickly-procured protein source. It supplies plenty of protein with miniscule carbs and fat. It's ideal for people trying lose weight or build muscle. To sweeten the deal, you can add an additional energy-packed carb source, a banana, if your diet isn't too strict.
- Shrimp With Tails Removed
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Olive-Oil-Based Salad Dressing
- Banana (optional)
- Place the spinach in a bowl, and then top it with the shrimp, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top, and you're ready to go.
Brisk Shrimp Salad Recipe PDF (51.4 KB)
This Almond Butter Turkey Sandwich Is A Cinch
Almond butter is a healthier alternative to peanut butter, and has plenty of protein, healthy fats and flavor to boot. Throw in some lean turkey with Ezekiel bread (ups your protein and complex carbs) for a truly mouth-watering and healthy meal.
- Ezekiel Bread
- Almond Butter
- Fresh Cooked Deli Turkey
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sliced Tomato
- Mustard Or Pepper (optional)
- Spread the almond butter on both slices of bread, and then put the turkey meat on top.
- Then add the romaine lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, and cucumbers.
- Add a bit of pepper or mustard for added flavor.
Almond Butter Turkey Sandwhich Recipe PDF (27.8 KB)
A Salmon Wrap In A Flash
Canned salmon is a great source of healthy fats and protein. This fishy meal doesn't require any cooking! Instead of using diet-killing mayonnaise, mix some fat-free cream cheese with Greek yogurt to keep your wrap from becoming too dry and score a little protein boost!
- Salmon (deboned)
- Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Finely Chopped Onion
- Spinach Leaves
- Whole Wheat Wrap
- Remove bones from the salmon if you need to, and then add the fat-free cream cheese and Greek yogurt.
- Whip these ingredients together, and then add in the onion.
- Spoon the finished result onto the wrap, and put the spinach leaves on top.
Salmon Wrap PDF (25.3 KB)
So there are your meals for the minimalist, just make sure to get all your grocery shopping done on the weekend so you have everything on-hand when you need to get your "cook" on!