4 Clean Alternatives to Your Favorite Cheat Meal!
Are there tears in your Tupperware each day? Then ditch the bland menu and start blurring the line between clean and cheat with these protein-rich recipes. There's one for each meal of the day, plus snacks!
What's your favorite cheat meal? Does it include the words pancakes, burgers, pizza, or chips and dip? If so, you're in good company, because those are our favorites, too!
These are our four favorite clean alternatives to popular breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes. Each one will satisfy your taste buds, your macros, and your muscles. What more could you want?
Breakfast 4-Ingredient Protein Pancake Crepes
Do you love pancakes? Want an easy-to-make three-ingredient protein-packed pancake alternative? Yes? Then you're in luck! With our Pancake Crepes recipe, you'll be eating clean and won't even know it. Check out our recipe video, then try some out for yourself!
4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes Recipe! Buff Dudes
Watch the video - 4:52
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech 1-1/2 scoops, divided
Nonfat milk 1/2 cup
Cooking spray or butter
Nonfat Greek yogurt 1/2 cup
Fresh fruit optional
Chocolate syrup or other sauce optional
- Put the eggs, 1 scoop of the protein powder, and the milk in a shaker bottle.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add spray, or if you want to make the pancake crispier, a little butter.
- Pour ingredients into the skillet. When bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are slightly firm, flip it.
- Mix 1/2 scoop of protein powder with yogurt, and spread it on a pancake. Roll it up like a crepe and serve with fresh fruit and syrup.
Serving size: 1 pancake (without toppings)
Recipe yields: 1 pancake
Lunch Tuna Burgers
Want a healthy alternative to greasy hamburgers? Try tuna patties! Making a tuna patty is quick, cheap, and easy—just the way we like it. And no, this doesn't end up tasting like a weird fishy block of dryness. It's more like a flavorful, crispy fish burger you'd shell out $15 for at some snooty gastropub. Consider its canned origins our little secret.
Easy Protein Tuna Patties Recipe Buff Dudes
Watch the video - 3:34
Tuna, packed in water 4 12-oz. cans
Whole-wheat bread crumbs 1 cup
Light mayonnaise 4 tbsp (preferably omega-3 infused)
Sunflower seeds 1/4 cup
Chopped onions and garlic powder to taste
- Empty tuna fish into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. While the skillet is warming, form ingredients into patties.
- Place patties on the skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- East as-is or garnish like a burger. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 burger
Recipe yields: 6 burgers
Dinner Low-Carb, High-Protein Pizza
With a crust made from cauliflower and toppings like barbecue chicken, spinach, and egg, this just may be the healthiest pizza recipe in—wait for it—the world. No hyperbole there, dudes and girls. OK, maybe a little. So here's a compromise: It's probably the most delicious healthy pizza you'll ever eat!
Healthy Pizza Recipe—How to make a Low Carb, High Protein Pizza Buff Dudes
Watch the video - 6:53
Cauliflower, chopped 2 cups
Cheese, grated 1/2 cup
Chicken, grilled and shredded 6 oz.
Parsley and oregano
Tomato sauce or pasta sauce 3/4 cup
Fresh spinach 1 handful
- Set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a knife to cut and scrape florets from a head of cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a food processor or blender and pulse until it has a texture like rice. Measure 2 packed cups, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add two eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, and a dash of parsley and oregano to the cauliflower. Mix together with a fork until it takes a dough-like consistency.
- Add cooking spray to a pizza pan and add cauliflower dough. Pat into a pizza shape approximately 10-12 inches across. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until it is completely cooked and golden brown.
- Add sauce, a light layer of additional cheese (optional), chicken, spinach, and any other ingredients you desire.
- Put back in the oven for 3-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
Serving size: 1 pizza
Recipe yields: 1 pizza
Snack Homemade Chips and Chipotle Dip
Ok, so we've got all the major meals covered, but what about the snacks? Don't worry, we've got you covered!
No tricks or hacks here, just solid homemade chips and chipotle dip with none of the trashy ingredients of ones from the store. Snack on both guilt-free while relaxing after a long day of lifting. But best of all, they're easy to make and totally satisfying.
Homemade Healthy Chips Recipe Buff Dudes
Watch the video - 1:14
Corn tortillas 6
Salt or additional seasoning like cumin, paprika, or chili powder to taste
Fat-free Greek yogurt 1 cup
Chipotle peppers with sauce 2 tbsp, or 2-3 peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut a stack of tortillas into eighths. Spray a baking sheet, arrange the chips on the pan, and spray the top of the chips. Salt lightly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, because they can burn!
- To make the dip, combine the Greek yogurt and peppers in a blender, and split into two serving bowls.
Serving size: 24 chips and 1 bowl dip
Recipe yields: 2 servings