- Name: Trinity Shae Perkins
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 24
- Where: Woodbridge, VA
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 150 lbs off, 145 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Optimum Whey, Udo's Oil, CLA
How Did You Get Started?
When I was younger my mom taught step aerobics part-time at a few local gyms so I spent most evenings after school around fitness enthusiasts. I started working out as soon as the gyms would allow which was around age 15 and I immediately understood why my mom loved exercise!
By the time I reached my junior year in college, I was an avid gym goer, training before and after class and reading fitness and bodybuilding magazines in my free time. I was introduced to Figure by a close friend and training mentor who helped me prepare for my first show in 2009.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I use a mix of dumbbells and cables and I vary my cardio throughout the week.
- Seated Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Wide Grip Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- T-Bar Row: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Concentrated Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Rope Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- EZ Bar Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Standing Cable Flyes: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Machine Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Rope Pressdowns: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Overheard Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- EZ Bar Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Leg Extension: 4 drop sets of 10, 8 and 6 reps
- Leg Press: 5 drop sets of 12, 8, 6 and 4 reps
- Hack Squat: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Machine Calf Raise: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Seated Machine Calf Raise: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Elliptical Trainer: 30 minutes
- Spin Class: 1 hour
- Stability Ball Crunches: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Oblique Twists: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 4 drop sets of 10, 8 and 6 reps
- Arnold Presses: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Single Dumbbell Front Raise: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Internal Rotations: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Elliptical Trainer: 45 minutes
- Weighted Hip Raises: 6 sets of 15 reps
Weighted Step Ups: 6 sets of 10 reps
Box Jumps: 6 sets of 10 reps
- Machine Kickbacks: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Walking Lunges: 6 sets of 20 reps
- Stairmill: 40 minutes
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I drink 3 liters of water and 2 cups of green tea daily.
- 1/2 cup oats (dry measure), cooked with 1 tbsp Udo's oil, sweetened with Truvia and cinnamon
- 8 egg whites
- 6 oz baked cod
- 1 cup steamed broccoli and cauliflower mix
- 1/2 cup oats (dry measure) sweetened with Truvia and cinnamon
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- BCAA powder: 5g
- Con-Cret: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I lead a very busy life and I spend most days doing things for other people - fitness is all about me and I love how it relaxes my mind and challenges my body in a way that nothing else ever has. I feel young, vibrant and healthy and those feelings can only be attributed to physical training and sound nutrition.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Forward thinking motivates me to follow a healthy lifestyle. I often ask myself how my current nutrition and training behaviors will impact my future. Knowing that I'm setting a good foundation now to live a healthy life later is motivation for me to keep pushing. The progress I see in the mirror is an added plus!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
When I first started working on achieving my fitness goals, I was simply tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. My personality has always been outgoing but my self-image was hurting so I knew I needed to make a change. I was also concerned about my long-term health and I knew that setting and reaching fitness goals was essential.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I just did my first fitness photo shoot and I will spend this year sending my pictures to various fitness modeling agencies and training for my next competition. Competing and continuing to be an example of the benefits of health and fitness will help better market my skills as a certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't fall into 1 of 2 extreme categories - completely let yourself go after a competition or try to maintain that show-ready shape. You don't want to derail all that you've worked so hard for by binging on burgers and fries for every meal post show. Conversely, maintaining that show-ready physique won't allow you to make gains in the gym in preparation for your next show. Be sure to keep your off season weight at a healthy and realistic number - training and dieting for the next show will be much easier.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My favorite competitor is Alicia Harris for her energy on stage, track-inspired training style and her radiant smile. I also like Lenda Murray because she kept her femininity in line with her bodybuilding career and continuously presented a beautiful package on stage. I also like Erin Stern for her symmetry, height and athletic frame.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?