- Name: Tommy Reynolds
- E-mail: Tommy@MegaFitSD.com
- Age: 29
- Where: San Diego
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 185 off, 170 contest
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs and Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Glutamine, BCAA, Whey Isolate
How Did You Get Started?
I started working out in high school with my best friends and we were lucky enough to start in a "real gym" not a fitness club. Real metal weights, chains, and real bodybuilders who saw some tiny high school kids and always helped us with form and guidance. It was motivating to see monsters in the gym and they were always nice enough to help out. At the time we were in there just to look good for the ladies.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
When I started out it was all about heavy weights and high volume. Now days I like to change it up every few weeks. I like to do higher reps, FST-7, and heavy weight, but no matter what I decide to do for that workout it is all about feeling the muscle. Mind muscle connection is the most important thing to me, way more important than how much I can "bench press".
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 18, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Low Pulley Back Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8, 6, 6 reps
- Close Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Machine Presses: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Arnold Presses: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 10, 10, 10 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 10, 10, 10 reps
- Rear Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 12, 12, 12, 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Squats: 5 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Hack Squat: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets of 30 steps
- Romanian Deadlift: 4 sets of 12, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20, 15, 12, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 5 sets of 20, 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
- Preacher Curl: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
- Rope Pushdowns: 5 sets of 20, 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I have always eaten pretty healthy but it was once I was introduced to my coach and mentor Pete Ciccone that he showed me the right way to eat. Off season I eat high carbs, high protein, low fat and pre contest I adjust the carbs and fats but keep protein high. I eat lots of chicken, beef, and fish for protein.
My carbs consist of different kinds of potatoes, oatmeal, and rice. My fats come from peanut butter, egg yolks, olive oil, and avocado.
- 2 scoops whey protein isolate
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
This is funny I have over 100 purchases from Bodybuilding.com and think I have tried everything imaginable. My staples now include some kind of pre-workout drink because I'm addicted to the jittery feeling. Then I stick with the basics of whey protein, arginine, beta-alanine, BCCA, and glutamine. My new favorite supplement though is Karbolyn; it is a fast carb that I use before and after workouts and it gives me the best pump.
- Gaspari MyoFusion: 1/2 scoop / 2 scoops
- Glutamine: 5g
- Gaspari SuperPump MAX: 1 serving
- AllMax Arginine: 5g
- Professional Supplements Pure Karbolyn or Evogen Cell K.E.M.: 2 scoops
- Gaspari IntraPro or AllMax IsoFlex: 2 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the dedication it takes. Everyone wants to look good and have a 6 pack but barely anyone is willing to put in the effort to get what they want. I love that it takes time to mold and shape your body to how you want it to look. For the bodybuilding aspect I love the competition. Working hard in your gym and eating your food in your house knowing that someone else out there is doing the same thing as you and when that day comes you step on stage and compete to show all the hard work you have put in.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I motivate myself because of what I want to accomplish with my body and my career in the fitness industry. But secondly it's all the people I don't ever want to let down, my coach, my girlfriend, and my clients. I'm too prideful to just fail so I work extra hard to make sure I don't let anyone down.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
A few years ago after I decided that the field of fitness is what I wanted to do as a career everything else has kind of fell into place. I figured not to worry about how much money I'm going to make, like I did after college, to do what I love and the money will follow. So I started a personal training business, started to compete, continued my education and now working hard to become a pro in the new division of Men's Physique.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I won my 1st show and realized that it will take some time to add enough size to become a top national level competitor so I have decided to take a new challenge and enter the new division of Men's Physique. I feel my body fits that better anyways since I'm more lean and symmetrical rather than a mass monster. I plan to do the Orange County Classic and then off to Jr. USA's in South Carolina.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't give up. It is so hard to follow your diet, do your cardio, hit your workouts and if it was easy everyone would do it. But if you want to win or do well or just look good at your competition don't give up because someone out there is doing everything they need to do to win.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Phil Health, Roelly Winklaar, Pete Ciccone, and Dexter Jackson. But I also have to give a big shout out to my boy Jeremy Patterson, we started working out together almost 10 years ago now and he is going to be the next big thing. He helped me through my whole 1st prep and is very motivating to me.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I mostly shop; I literally have over 100 shipped orders which I just found out recently and think that's pretty ridiculous. I use BodySpace to talk to other competitors and to look at the progress of people. I also use the SuperSite for information on new workouts and recipes.