- Name: Theresa Loechner
- Age: 41
- Where: Indiana
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 130 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Glutes And Arms
- Favorite Exercise: Glute Machine and Barbell Curls
- Favorite Supplements: Anabolic Rehab BCAA
How Did You Get Started?
I originally started lifting in 1995. My brother, James, used to compete in the NPC. So I started going to the gym with him and was hooked. I didn't start competing in the NPC bikini division until last year. This is a fairly new division so competing never interested me until I started seeing the competitors on BodySpace and in magazines. Also, I turned 40 last year so it became a personal goal of mine to do a show.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I train every body part once a week. I'll stay on the same workout routine for about 4-6 weeks and then change it up. I also to drop sets and definitely fatigue my muscles!
I do cardio 3-4 times a week with HIIT. I do a brisk walk/light jog for 2-3 minutes, then sprint for 1-2 minutes, and repeat for 6 intervals on the upright bike, elliptical, treadmill or sprints outside (you can vary the times, length and speed). I generally train 3 days in a row then a day of rest. I do my cardio after I workout because I get up at 430 am to get ready for work. Most days I have to be at work by 6am.
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Narrow Grip Seated Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Straight Arm Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Smith Machine Squats: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell Straight Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lying Hamstrings Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Step-Ups On A Bench: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Glute Kickback: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Arnold Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Curl And Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Bent Over Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Alternating Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Nose Crushers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell Standing Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Pushdown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Bench Dips: 3 sets to failure
- Barbell Standing Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Circuit: 3 rounds
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
Side Plank: 3 sets of 30 sec holds each side
Barbell Rollout: 3 sets of 15 reps
Reverse Crunches: 3 sets of 12 reps
V-Ups: 3 sets of 15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 scoop multi-source protein or 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup berries
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 16 oz coffee w/ 1 packet Stevia and 2 tbsp organic creamer
- 24 oz water
- 4 oz ground chicken
- 1 cup mixed veggies
- 1/4 cup fruit
- 1 slice Udi's gluten free bread
- 1 tsp flaxseed oil
- 24 oz water
- 4 oz grilled chicken
- 1 cup artichokes
- 1 cup spinach and romaine w/ 1 tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Protein pudding:
Start with 1 scoop multi-source protein with enough water to make it thick, and then add 1 tsp peanut butter or a few almonds. I also add cinnamon or sometimes 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa. Then place it in the fridge to let it get cool and enjoy!
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I use Anabolic Rehab and mix it with a Stevia based drink of my choice in 24 oz of water and drink throughout the morning, I use this for muscle recovery. For protein, I like Beverly International vanilla UMP as its almost lactose free, tastes great, low carb and high protein.
For a pre-workout drink I really like Jack3d in grape bubblegum or I might just drink 2 shots of espresso over ice with some Stevia. I do take a glucosamine and chondroitin with MSM supplement. I had my IP thumb joint injected twice in the last year related to overuse from working in surgery. However, since starting this it's really helped with the pain, stiffness and achiness. I take 3 in the morning and 3 with my last full meal.
- Anabolic Addiction Anabolic Rehab: 1 serving in 24 oz water
- USPlabs Jack3d: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I have always been an active person. My older brother James used to compete in the NPC. I watched him transform his body through weights and clean eating. I'd go to the gym with him and just fell in love with weight training. I love it because I have a passion for it. The ability to sculpt and change my physique with weights and clean food has given me more self-confidence.
Also, the capability to influence and help others change if they want too. The fact that I'm a registered nurse places me in a teaching position every day. Whether it's a co-worker or a patient of mine, I try to encourage those around me to be the best they can be for health and fitness reason not just to look good.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I'm a RN and seeing obesity and all the health problems related to that and smoking is enough for me to lead the lifestyle that I do. I am in charge of what I place in my body and how I treat myself as well. As I grow older, I want to stay active and healthy so that I can remain productive in society.
Since I have the ability to control certain factors then I'll be able to still do all the things I enjoy in life. However, both my have parents have high cholesterol and blood pressure. Some of this can be genetic but it's more than likely the direct relationship between nutrition, exercise and a healthy weight.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Last year I turned 40, and my goal was to compete which I did. However, I'm also not a fan of running but finished three 5k runs last year. So, turning 40 was something really positive and fun. I think it was just a turning point in my life and even now I feel that just because I'm getting older it doesn't mean that I have to get out of shape and develop poor health. I want to do the opposite.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am currently training for two NPC Bikini competitions. I would also like to become a CPT and lifestyle/wellness coach. I am currently talking to other competitors who are certified and getting feedback on why they chose that particular company. However, I want to continue to be a person who can help others if they want the knowledge to take control of their health and fitness.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Set that contest date or pick that run you want to do. Do it for yourself! I tell everyone that it first starts in your mind. You have to believe in yourself and that you can achieve that goal. You have to believe it to achieve it!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?