- Name: James Shumpert
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 26
- Where: Spokane, WA
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Triceps and Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Bench press and Leg press
- Favorite Supplements: Pump Fuel and Muscle Milk
How Did You Get Started?
I started working out in high school for football and track and field. After high school I kept working out, it was something that I really enjoyed. I didn't believe in taking any supplements/protein when I was younger. I worked my ass off for a few years, never got stronger, only got more ripped. So I started reading muscle magazines and taking supplements. That's when I noticed that I started to get stronger.
One day at the gym, a trainer came up to me and asked me, "What are you training for?" I told him "I'm not training for nothing, I like working out" he told me I should do this upcoming local bodybuilding show. So I sought out the best trainer in town Biju Varghese, he taught me how to get more out of my workouts and how to do my diet.
3 months later I went to 25th Anniversary 2007 Emerald Cup, I originally went there to compete with the light weights, but when I got there I lost another 2 lbs, making me weigh 141. So I competed in the Bantom Weight Class and took first place. My first show and I take first place. It was such a great feeling to know that everything I did for 3 months paid off.
1week later, I competed in the Empire Classic in Light Weight category. I still only weighed 141, so I was competing against guys who weighed about 10 more lbs than me. But the end result, I came out on top. Such a wonderful feeling/great experience. My first 2shows and I win my weight classes. But I'm still looking to win my first overall show. I know with my hard work and dedication, I will achieve this soon
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1, Shoulders:
- Pull ups- 5sets, 15reps
- Dumbbell shoulder press- 5sets, 10reps
- Front dumbbell raises- 5sets, 10reps
Day 2, Legs:
- 3 sets leg extensions (warm up)
- Squats- 5sets, 10reps
- Leg press- 5sets, 10reps
- Sitting calf raises- 5sets, 25reps
- Standing calf raises-2sets, 20reps
Day 3, Chest and Abs:
- Push ups- 2sets, 20reps (warm up)
- Bench press- 5sets, 5reps (heavy)
- Incline bench- 5sets, 7reps
- Decline bench 3sets, 7reps
- Dumbbell flys 3sets, 7reps
- Abs crunches 5sets, 50reps
Day 4, Biceps and Triceps:
- Preacher curls- 5sets, 10reps
- 21s- 3sets
- Skull crushers- 5sets, 20reps
- Weighted dips- 5sets, 20reps
- Triceps pressdown- 3sets, 15reps
Day 5, Back:
- Wide grip pull downs- 5sets, 10reps
- Reverse grip pull downs- 5set, 10reps
- Bent-over dumbbell row- 5sets, 10reps
- Dumbbell shrug- 3sets, 15reps
Day 6, 7- Rest
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
High protein diet. (eggs, chicken, tuna, protein shakes)
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
My greatest gains started, when I got on Muscle Milk (protein shakes). I wasn't giving myself enough protein in the past, but when I started taking muscle milk, I started to notice that my muscles were getting bigger, felt as if I had more energy.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It makes me feel good. I always feel I can get better/stronger/more developed. I like being able to lift with the biggest/strongest guys. I love being that guy that can stop a room and make everyone stare at me, while I push hundreds of pounds, it's such a rush!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans in this sport are to make it to the top. To become the first pro from Spokane, WA. My first stop is to get my pro card. I'm not too sure what comes after that, but I know when I get there, I will be ready.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Work hard. Be hungry for that top spot. There are a lot of people out there working twice as hard as you.