- Name: Sara Picken-Brown
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 32
- Where: Melbourne, Australia
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 41 Kg Competition 46 Kg Off
- Years Bodybuilding :10
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs And Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Body Science BCAA's, Body Science Lipoburn, Body Science Multi-Vitamins, Body Science Creatine Ethyl Ester, Body Science Cardio-Active
How Did You Get Started?
I started weight training when I lived in London as a way of keeping my weight managed while I was recovering from stress fracture sustained during my classical ballet training. At first, I started going to Cycle classes, but was bored and soon gravitated toward the weights room. My boyfriend at the time was always weight training and so he showed me a few of the basics. I loved it so much I have not looked back, that was 10 years ago. I started to take my training very seriously when I came back to Australia and started my Personal Training certificate.
I started training with an ex-New Zealand Figure Champion at the first gym I worked at and she taught me valuable lessons about the sport and about weight training. I have so much to thank her for. I learned the most valuable lesson of all, getting tough and beating the psychological barriers with nutrition and training.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Currently my training looks like this; I am a few weeks out from a show, cardio each day for approx 45mins:
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Monday - Shoulders:
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 6 Sets Of 8-10 Reps Increasing In Weights
- Dumbbell Lat Raises: 6 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Rear Delts Cable: 6 Sets Of 10-15 Reps
Wednesday - Back:
- Wide Lat Pulldown: 8 Sets Of 8 Reps Increasing In Weights
- Seated Row: 6 Drop Sets Of 10-12 Reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 Sets Of 8 Reps, 3 Drop Sets Of Each
Thursday - Arms:
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Barbell Curls: 6 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Triceps Bar Pushdown: 6 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 6 Sets Of 10-12 Reps
- Close Grip Pushups: 4 Sets Of 20 Reps
Friday - Hamstrings & Calves:
- Single Hamstring Curls: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Deadlifts: 6 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Calf Raises: 10 Sets Of 15 Reps
Saturday - Chest:
- Dumbbell Flyes: 6 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Machine Press: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I like to eat clean all year round and I believe that carbs are so very important to support your body's ability to burn fat and train hard. So an average day will look a little like this:
Snack: Pre Training
Snack: Post Training
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the empowerment that leading a healthy and energized lifestyle gives. Being a figure athlete gives me direction with my training, with my nutrition, and really is both mine, and my partner Perry Venakis' life. I love working with people to help them achieve their goals and I am so honored that people are inspired by what I have achieved. I also love that despite being very small in stature, which in most sports is a negative, in bodybuilding an athlete's symmetry, proportions and balance are what count. If anything being smaller in stature is an advantage.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Feeling healthy, strong, energetic and the stress relief a good training session provides are the most important aspects that motivate me to leading a constant healthy lifestyle. I also know that by leading a healthy lifestyle now, I will ensure that as I get older I will continue to be strong, healthy and energetic. Weight training is one of the best anti-ageing secrets out there so I plan to continue to be in great shape as I get older. I also plan to be a long way ahead in the prevention of the onset of the usual age related illnesses and problems many women face who do not take their health as seriously as they perhaps should.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Pushing my boundaries and setting life changing challenges.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I have a number of shows coming up in the next 12 months- NZFBB Elite show NZ, IFBB Victorian and IFBB Nationals. I am very excited to have been invited to represent Australia in Amateur Figure Class at the Arnold Fitness Classic in Ohio. That really is a big dream come true...after that...well, we shall see, but there will be more I promise...
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
A tip for all the girls who train, keep doing it, challenge yourself to lift heavy and be consistent no matter what is going on in your life. Weight training can be your stress relief, your anger management, your problem solving and your relaxation as well as your fun. There is never any good excuse to miss a session, because the one you miss, you never get back.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Monica Brant is an all time favorite inspiring athlete, Jen Hendershott is also one of my all time favorite performers and athletes, more recently Gina Aliotti is a figure girl who is quite inspiring in terms of her conditioning and proportions.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?