- Name: Rhonda Reilly
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 48
- Where: Tampa, Florida
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 132 Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Squat
- Favorite Supplements: MPH Dark Matter
How Did You Get Started?
I started working with a trainer in July 2008 to get back in shape. My trainer, Danielle Kifer, was a National level Figure competitor at the time (she has recently earned her pro card). I have always been a very competitive person so naturally I became interested in what she was doing. I was 47 at the time and remember asking her if she thought I could be ready to compete by the age of 50.
She told me that if I worked hard I could compete that season. I started training for my own figure competition in Jan. 2009 and competed in May 2009. I took 2nd place in the open division and was able to place in each of the competitions I competed in that year.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday - Legs:
- Walking Lunges With Weights: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Single Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Sitting Leg Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
Tuesday - Chest & Triceps:
- Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Chest Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline Chest Press Machine: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Wednesday - Back & Biceps:
- Cable Row: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lat Pull Down: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bicep Curl Dumbbell: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Bicep Curl Cable: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Thursday - Legs:
- Barbell Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- V-Squat: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15 reps
Friday - Shoulders:
- Overhead Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Side Raises: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear Delts: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front Hammer Raises: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding has only recently become part of my life, but it is now a huge part of who I am. I have several reasons why I love bodybuilding. For one, I have a fantastic coach, IFBB Pro Figure Danielle Kifer; she has shown me how to have passion and dedication in this sport, no matter what age. Secondly, I have never been in better shape in my life and I love how that feels. And lastly, what I am doing now will make it easier for me to stay healthy later in life.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
As I have gotten older a lot of my friends have just given up on trying to be fit. I have heard them say: "I'm too old to be fit," "I'm too busy to exercise," and "I don't need to look good anymore." I refuse to think that way! I am at the gym everyday pushing hard because I am proud to be fit and 48.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I am in constant competition with myself. I go to the gym not only to workout but to push myself harder, faster and farther than the day before. I try to beat my personal best every single day.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My immediate goals are to compete and be competitive in the upcoming season at Masters Nationals in Figure as well as a few regional competitions in the bodybuilding division. My ultimate goal is to walk across that stage at the age of 50 and look good doing it!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Bodybuilding can be tough some days so find that one person who believes in you. Someone to say "I'm proud of you," "you look awesome" or even "you need to tighten your butt up a little more" to get you though those tough days.
Also if you have a chance, be that person for someone else.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My favorite bodybuilders are the ones who have personally affected my life, especially my coach Danielle Kifer (IFBB Pro Figure).
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I love the articles on Bodybuilding.com. I scan and read the site like I would a magazine. I purchase all my supplements from Bodybuilding.com. With their extremely fast shipping I can get my order the next morning.