- Name: Lauryn Kaznowski
- E-mail: Gymdazzle716@yahoo.com
- Age: 22
- Where: Kingston, NY
- Height: 5'1"
- Weight: 115 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Scivation Xtend
How Did You Get Started?
I was a competitive gymnast into college and my career ended due to ACL surgery. I competed for SUNY Cortland's Swimming and Diving team from my sophomore year into my first year of Grad School. All through high school and college I was teased about being muscular and manly. I decided to take the insults and use them as motivation.
I started training this past summer however the training interfered with my last swimming and diving season. We completed our championship meet February 13th and I decided I wanted to compete in figure as soon as possible. So, I signed up for a local show and started training!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I train 6 days a week taking Sundays off. I train chest/shoulders on Mondays. Tuesdays is back, Wednesday is legs, Thursday is chest and shoulders again, and Friday I do biceps and triceps. Saturday is a lighter day, I usually just do plyometrics and Sunday is light cardio and stretching.
- Warm-up: Clean & Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 add sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 add sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Seated Chest Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Pushups: 4 sets to failure
- Arnold Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear Delt Raise: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups: Variable sets of 30-40 total reps
- Straight Bar Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
One Arm Bent Over Rows: 4 sets of 12 reps
One Arm Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Rows: 4 add sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Hyperextensions: Variable sets of 50 total reps
- Squats: 1 warm-up set of 10-15 reps, 1 add set of 10-15 reps, 4-5 drop sets of 15-20 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Laying Hamstring Curl: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
Walking Lunges: 4 sets of 16 reps
Sumo Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
One Leg Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Calf Raises: Variable sets of 100 total reps
Very similar to Monday, sometimes I will switch it up and superset different things. Also I will do barbell bench instead of dumbbells.
- Straight Bar Biceps Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- One Arm Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Triceps Push-Ups: Variable sets of 50 total reps
This is the only day I really change it up and do different things. Flipping tires is one of my favorites especially for a good warm up.
- Squat Jumps: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Box Jumps: 3 sets of 6 reps each leg
- Lunges: 3 sets of 6 reps each leg
- Sprints: 3 sets of 3 lengths of 30 meters, rest 1 min
- Uphill Sprints: 3 sets of 3 lengths of 30 meters, rest 1 min
Jump Roping: 3 sets of 30 sec
Medicine Ball Throws: 3 sets of 6 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I try to eat a fairly clean diet all the time however I have the usual slip ups. I eat 6 times a day and drink a lot of water. My meals usually consist of egg whites and oatmeal in the morning. A shake before lunch, lunch is usually chicken or tuna with greens. A shake post workout with fruit, I like to try to recipes for dinner but it is usually a meal high in protein.
Chicken, fish and lean turkey dishes usually are best. I have a small meal after than also high in protein. I substitute a lot especially being in school and having classes all day. I snack on almonds, natural peanut butter, and I love Greek yogurt.
- 1 1/2 scoops whey protein
- 1 scoop whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Multi Vitamin: 1 serving
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey: 1.5 / 1 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love being in the gym and meeting people that share the same passion as I do. I love seeing changes in my body as well as see others reach their own personal goals. The sport is constantly growing and more people are getting into it. I think everyone involved in the sport can be very humble and motivating.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Before I graduated from college, sports used to motivate me. After completing my collegiate athletic career I turned to figure to help stay in shape. I am motivated by the people around me as well as my friends and family. My older sister had gastric by-pass surgery when I was young and it was a terrible experience to see her suffering and not being able to get out of bed because of her weight.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
After being teased for years about my "manly" body, I never wanted to be in a bathing suit or shorts. However, after I realized that it didn't matter what those people thought of me, I used my muscular stature to me advantage. It motivated me to achieve my goal of competing in a figure competition.
It also motivated me to teach other girls and women that it is okay not to look a certain way. They should embrace what they have and love who they are.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I love this industry, the people and the environment. I can't wait to continue and grow as a person as well a competitor. I am excited to see what opportunities come to me in the future and I can't wait to be back on stage!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be confident with who you are. I have only competed in one show but just from being there, watching others and experiencing it I would say that being confident is key. In the morning show I was a little timid and unsure about how I looked against everyone else. At night, I came back confident and ready with a smile on my face the whole time. I ended up placing second.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Jamie Eason is by far my fitness icon. After I saw her body I decided I was going to start lifting. I think she is incredible, she gives great advice and she is a genuinely kind person with a passion for fitness and helping others.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?