- Name: Kelly Rodriguez
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 26
- Where: Hanford, CA
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 175 lbs contest, 200+ off
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps and Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts and Squats
- Favorite Supplements: BCAAs, Creatine and Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
When I was 14 my dad took me to the gym. He showed me everything and from that moment, I was addicted.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Simple one-body-part per day workouts work best for me. 5 days on, 2 days off, with the exception of calves and abs, which I work every other day. I always switch up my workouts to keep my muscles guessing.
- Incline Smith Machine Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer Strength Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Pec Deck or Weighted Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Straight Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Hammer Rope Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Single Arm Concentration Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- V-Bar Triceps Pressdowns: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Single Arm Cable Pressdowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 drop sets of 20, 15, 8 reps
- Seated Side Laterals: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Smith Machine Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Pec Deck: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Rack Pulls: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
- T-Bar Row: 3 sets of 10, 8, 8 reps
Cable Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
Chin-Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Machine Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Squats: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 20 steps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
- Glute Blaster: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 15, 15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
My goals determine my nutritional plan. Currently I am trying to increase mass for next year's competitions, so my diet is fairly high in complex carbs, a variety of meats and a little bit of cheat food in there for the added calories. When I diet down for competitions the diet is very basic; oats, eggs, rice, white potato, steak, ground turkey, chicken, and fish. Here is a basic Comp diet that has worked best for me.
- 25g whey protein
- 50g whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Of course food is the best supplement, but I have had great results from adding in numerous shakes throughout the day, as well as BCAAs during workout. Once in a while I will add in a NO2 product.
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey: 50g / 50g / 25g / 50g
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the way I feel living this lifestyle. I can't imagine my life without fitness and bodybuilding. The gym is always there for me and will give me everything that I give it.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I am my greatest motivator, as well as every other bodybuilder/competitor around. Just looking at other people working as hard as they can to achieve a set goal is very inspiring.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I feel this is the reason I am. I rely on my inner drive.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Never stop and continue to grow mentally and physically. I plan on competing and winning the future competitions that I enter.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Do not let anyone stand in your way, including yourself.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?