- Name: Cheryl Brown
- E-mail: BombshellCheryl@yahoo.com
- Age: 36
- Where: Orlando, FL
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 119 Off-Season, 116 Competitio
- Years Bodybuilding :0
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders And Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Biceps
- Favorite Supplements: BodyWell Nutrition Tight Curves Protein and First Order
How Did You Get Started?
I started working out in high school while training for track and cross country. A P.E. teacher even talked me into competing in my high school's annual body building competition. I did and loved it, but never competed again.
Over the years I have been asked many times if I compete in competitions. My answer was always, "No, but I want to someday". Well, as part of my 2008 New Year's resolution, I decided to change that "someday" into today. My goal was to just compete in one show and look half as good as the veteran competitors on stage. I competed in my first NPC show in August 2008, winning the Master's Over-all title.
I WAS HOOKED! I immediately set a new goal for myself, to earn my pro card. That's when I decided to get serious with my training and get help. So, I joined IFBB Fitness Pro Shannon Dey's Team Bombshell...that was the best training decision I ever made! After joining the team I competed in my third NPC show and very first Nationals and placed 4th (B Class)!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Monday & Friday: Treadmill Interval Session - 45 Minutes
- Wednesday: Stairmaster Interval Session - 30 Minutes
- Tuesday & Thursday: Incline Treadmill - 30 Minutes
Monday: Quads/Calves/Lower Back
- Superset 1: 5 X 20 Leg Extensions
- Superset 1: 5 X 20 Close Stance Leg Press
- Superset 1: 5 X 50 Pop Squats
- Superset 2: 5 X 20 Weighted Lunges With Back Leg Elevated
- Superset 2: 5 X 20 Single Leg Squats
- Superset 3: 5 X 15 Front Squats On Smith Machine
- Superset 3: 5 X 15 Weighted Lunge
- 5 X 20 Hyperextensions
- Superset 4: 5 X 20 Seated Calf Raises
- Superset 4: 5 X 10 Standing Calf Raises
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Cheryl Brown's Monday Workout.
- 5 X 8 Rear Delt Lateral Raises
- Superset 1: 5 X 8 Front Plate Raise
- Superset 1: 5 X 12 Arnold Press
- Superset 2: 5 X 15 Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Superset 2: 5 X 8 Standing Barbell Press
- Superset 3: 5 X 12 Incline Dumbbell Curls
- Superset 3: 5 X 12 Dumbbell Nose Crushers
- Superset 4: 5 X 8 Standing Barbell Curl
- Superset 4: 5 X 8 Triceps Push Ups
- Superset 5: 5 X 15 Preacher Curls
- Superset 5: 5 X 15 Rope Push Downs
- 10x10 Standing Calf Raises
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Cheryl Brown's Tuesday Workout.
Wednesday: Hamstrings/Lower Back
- 5 X 20 Seated Leg Curls
- 5 X 25 Leg Curls
- 5 X 20 Stiff Legged Deadlift
- 5 X 15 Weighted Bench Step Ups
- 5 X 15 Good Mornings
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Cheryl Brown's Wednesday Workout.
- 10 X 10 Wide Grip Pulldowns
- 10 X 10 Seated Cable Rows
- 10 X 10 Pullovers
- 10 X 10 Incline Dumbbell Press
- 5 X 10 Incline Dumbbell Fly
- 10 X 10 Seated Calf Raises
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Cheryl Brown's Thursday Workout.
Friday: Lower Back
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Cheryl Brown's Friday Workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- 1 Tsp Of Flax Seed Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 0z Flank Steak
- Diced Peppers
- Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Slice Fat Free Cheese
- 4 Oz Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tsp Of Flax
- Balsamic Vinegar As Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Carrot Shavings
- 1 Unsalted Rice Cake
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Scoop Of Tight Curves Protein
- 3 Oz Sweet Potato
- 1 Tsp Of Low Fat Pancake Mix
- 1/4 Cup No Fat Milk
Put In Blender And Mix And Then Cook In Pan With Fat Free Pam Spray
- 2 Scoops Of Tight Curves Protein In Water
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Tight Curves Multiple Vitamins
- Tight Curves Protein
- Vitamin C
- Time Released Iron
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Who doesn't like to look and feel fit? It's empowering and addictive...my absolute drug of choice. Training for competitions keeps me focused and the discipline carries over into many other aspects of my life. I love being a role model for my 4 kids and clients.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My goal for 2009 is to earn my Pro Card. My upcoming contests are The 2009 Pittsburgh Figure and 2009 Jr. Nationals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The key to achieving your goals is to stay focused. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals for yourself. All the things that come along with preparing for a competition can become overwhelming otherwise. Most importantly, enjoy the journey and have fun!