- Name: Chad McCrary
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 33
- Where: Texarkana, Texas
- Height: 6'
- Weight: 210 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Wide-grip Pull-ups
- Favorite Supplements: Energy Drinks
How Did You Get Started?
I got started BB in 2000 after I started working for the federal government as a firefighter/paramedic. I had always been fascinated with BB & now had the perfect schedule & purpose.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The workout plan that has worked best for me is one day on & one day off. I have found this yields the best results for me because it allows for adequate recuperation. I only do each muscle group once a week.
An example would be:
Monday - Back:
- 4 sets of 15-20 reps of wide-grip pull-ups
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on 125lb dumbbell rows
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on unilateral pull-down machine
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on seated rows
Wednesday - Chest:
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps flat bench @ 315 lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps incline bench @ 245-250lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on cable flies @ 70-80lbs
- 4 sets to failure on dips
Friday - Shoulders:
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps military presses @ 225lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on dumbbell lateral raises @ 35-40lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on reverse cable flies for rear delts @ 30-40lbs
- 4-5 sets of 10-20 reps shrugs lying down on seated row (because I cannot stand), 200-225lbs
Sunday - Arms - Bi's & Tri's:
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps on cable v-bar push-downs @ 200-225lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps seated alternating dumbbell curls @ 40-50lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps of close-grip bench press @ 225lbs
- 4 sets of 8-12 reps preacher curls @ 90-100lbs
Start Over On Tuesday:
I do change things up periodically like doing rest-pause, drop sets, & supersets around pre-contest time. I think the key is to keep it heavy as possible without sacrificing your form.
A common misconception is to lower the weight & go up on the reps in a pre-contest prep. I don't believe that's a good idea unless you want to lose muscle. It takes heavy weight to build it & it takes heavy weight to keep it!!
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
The nutrition plan that has worked best for me depends on my body composition goals. In the off season I eat about 1.5-2.grams of protein/lbs of body weight. That comes from lean red meat, tuna, chicken breast, fish of all types, whole eggs, & powders. Carbs are all complex.....about 2.-2.5 grams/lbs of bw. That comes from oatmeal, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, Vitargo. Fats come from omega 3,6,9 supplements, salmon, nuts, olive oil. When I am dieting those ratios change. Protein is 2.-2.5 grams/lbs of bw from the same sources. Carbs are reduced to about 1. grams/lbs of bw. From same sources. Fats are cut back slightly. Lots of water every day.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love BB because it has really been a crutch in my circumstances. It has made me a stronger person both mentally & physically. BB can translate over into any are of your life because of the fact that it teaches discipline & builds character. It also allows me to be an inspiration to others & let people know that adversity does not have to keep you from obtaining your goals in life. Ever!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future BB plans are to compete in the '08 Wheelchair Nationals for an IFBB pro card & bring the trophy back to Texas where it belongs. We do it bigger & better in the lone star state baby!!!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The tip I would give to all BB is never give up on your goals. Don't let someone else dictate your future accomplishments. It's all up to you. What you achieve is directly linked to what you believe. Be a positive roll model for others & keep in mind that you represent this great sport so, educate yourself, be civilized, never act as if you are better than anybody, & treat each other with respect. Those actions will reflect on this sport & that's what we want bodybuilding to be known for!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My favorite bb are in no particular ranking order: Arnold of course, the man set the pace. He came to America with 20 bucks in his pocket & you know the rest! Jay cutler - The man is the peoples choice simply because he understands his fans are #1, not to mention he is a freak! Go cutler! Branch Warren - Representing Texas baby! All the people that have supported me: My wife Erin, John Clack, Mike & Lori George, Lance Johnson, Prince Harrison, Scott Taylor, Abby Marie, Melvin Anthoney, Mark Dugdale, Brooke Mckay, Stuart Scott, Stosh Skinner, Muscular Development & Vyotech Nutritionals. If I forgot anyone I apologize! Thank you all so much!
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|