- Name: Tyler Slaughter
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Ohio
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 215 lbs contest 250 lbs off
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Delts
- Favorite Exercise: Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: MHP Dark Rage, Animal Pak, and BCAA Nitrate
How Did You Get Started?
I had always wanted to have a nice body. From the time I was little and saw Arnold in Predator I knew I wanted to look like that. One day out of the blue I decided to go to the basement and use the Olympic weight set that had been a clothes rack for the past few months. I had no idea what to do and I saw a muscle magazine and opened it up.
The first picture I saw was of big Ronnie doing a one arm preacher curl and from that moment I knew I had to be a bodybuilder. I began dedicating every aspect of my life to my physique. I am doing everything and anything I can to become a professional bodybuilder and inspire and help others all around the world like Ronnie did me.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 10, 12 reps
- Decline Barbell Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps, 1 set of 6 reps or failure
- Machine Press: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Flyes: 7 sets of 8-10 reps, 30 sec rest
- Romanian Deadlifts: 5 sets of 20, 18, 16, 12, 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 5 sets of 20, 16, 18, 12, 14 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 7 sets of 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest
- Seated Calve Raises: 5 sets of 15-20 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Hammer Curl: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Barbell Preacher Curl: 7 sets of 8-12 reps, 30 sec rest
- Rope Pressdowns: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Reverse Pressdowns: 4 sets of 8-12 Reps
- Straight Bar Pressdowns: 7 sets of 8-12 reps, 30 sec rest
- Hack Squat: 5 sets of 20, 18, 16, 14, 12 reps
- Sissy Squat: 5 sets of 20, 12, 18, 10, 16 reps
- Seated Leg Extensions: 7 sets of 12-20 reps, 30 sec rest
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Seated Side Laterals: 4 sets of 8-12 reps, 60 sec rest
- Seated Military Press: 4 sets of 6-12 reps
- Standing Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 5 sets of 6-12 reps
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets to failure
- Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps, 1 set of 6 reps or failure
- Lat Pulls: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Straight Bar Rows: 7 sets of 6-10 reps, 30 sec rest
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3 sets of 20 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 12 oz tilapia
- 12 oz tilapia
I normally drink 2 gallons of water a day and since I am in pre-contest my last carb meal is around three o clock with my post workout meal.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
When I first started I was huge into supplements and protein powders and all that stuff. But as I progressed and learned more about my body and what I was doing I discovered that my best gains were made when I took in more whole food then anything. I love pre workouts don't get me wrong but I owe all my gains to tons and tons of whole foods.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The love I have for bodybuilding is indescribable. I am an addict. I love bodybuilding because it is such a physical and mental test. The training, the dieting, the cardio, the posing, all of it takes all of your effort. I love it because it is such an individual sport as well. At the end of the day I am my maker. I control how I look how I feel and whether I win or lose.
What Motivates You To Live A Healthy Lifestyle?
What motivates me every single day is the fact that becoming a professional bodybuilder is my dream. I know that every decision I make has a direct effect on whether I achieve my goal or not. So every time I want to do something my first thought is how this will affect me becoming a professional bodybuilder.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I am a very self motivated person. I train alone, I diet alone, I do all the things I have to do alone. Anytime I feel a lack of motivation I pray and God gets me right back on track every time. I know that in the end every sacrifice I make will be worth it.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My plan for every show is to just bring a completely different and better package. As of right now I am 9 weeks out from Teen Nationals which is July 23rd. I am going to take home that first place trophy. Losing is not an option. From there I am competing in Lexington, Kentucky in October at the Tricky Jackson Classic. Then, I am going to take the couple weeks off and go into a nice bulking season over the winter to make improvements.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Consistency is key. Never lose sight of your goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?