- Name: Dylan Phipps
- E-mail: Phippsy_12@hotmail.com
- Age: 18
- Where: Tasmania, AUS
- Height: 180 cm
- Weight: 83 kg
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: USPlabs Jack3d
How Did You Get Started?
I used to do boxing when I was about 13 for a few months and really liked the mental part of it. There were dumbbells where I trained that I started using and eventually used them more and more until I quit boxing and got my own home gym and I continued from there.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I don't have an exact workout plan I follow, but I always do the main movements like bench press, squats etc. After that I usually go by feeling and by how I'm looking and progressing.
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Cable Rows: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Wide Grip Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Abs Roller: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Crunches: 1 set to failure
- Side Crunches: 3 sets of 20 per side
- Incline Barbell Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Biceps Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent Over Rear Flyes: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- One Arm Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Front Squats: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-20 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10-20 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Because we teenagers are so socially active sometimes it's quite hard to get in the recommended amounts needed to gain quality muscle. I haven't had a 100% staple eating routine I've followed. I have a lot of meals that I cook all containing at least 50g protein, 80g carbohydrates and 5g+ of fats, so from these I usually have about 5-6 meals evenly spread throughout the day.
- 6 oz beef
- 1 cup of plain rice
- 50g whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I would have to say that good old Gold Standard Whey Protein has given me the greatest gains; I'm a strong believer in keeping it basic, "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
- BSN True-Mass: 3 scoops
- USPlabs Jack3d: 1-2 scoops
- BSN CellMass: 1 scoop
It's very basic but it works very well for me, everyone is different though what I'm doing may not work for others.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Just about everything - how it makes you feel after a hard workout and the satisfaction you get when you see improvements. I love the feeling of when you're holding 200+kg in your hands or just lifting any heavy weight for a personal best. I love the respect I get from people around me who respect my efforts and come to me for advice with their training. Of course there's also the feeling of a skin tearing pump, there's no feeling quite like it.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Friends and family, knowing what I'm doing isn't easy and the recognition I get for it, and just the feeling of a strong, healthy body. I never like to be beat either so others in the gym motivate me. I may not be the biggest guy in the gym but I want to make sure in every workout I'm working the hardest.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Being chubby as a kid and seeing all these big strong guys in the movies when I was younger and just aspiring to be like that one day. From then on I love going to the gym, setting goals, and achieving them.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I'm planning to do a practice cut for this summer to see how I go, and then I am thinking about doing my first bodybuilding show in the middle of next year as a teen.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never give up on your goal. Mental strength is everything if you want to be better than the rest. Rest up - sometimes it's better to have a day off and rest, listen to your body.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Arnold Schwarzenegger because of what he has done for this sport, it's just amazing. I think he had an insane, unique physique. Branch Warren because of his hardcore approach to his training, his mental strength is incredible. Ronnie Coleman because...well he's the king of bodybuilding right? Insane size and strength, a man of God, and really seems like a nice guy.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?