- Name: Dominic Leah
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 16
- Where: Perth, WA, Australia
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 157 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps/Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Bicep Curl/Donkey Calf Raise
- Favorite Supplements: SciVation Novem/Xtend, Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
How Did You Get Started?
Bodybuilding has always been a big thing in my family, so growing up I always had the options to lift weights. At about the age of 13, I was unhappy with my body size, and I began lifting weights but not regularly just now and then. Eventually I became hooked, and my love for the sport has continuously grown.
With my love for bodybuilding came my love for nutrition and to maintain a high protein healthy diet. Thanks to bodybuilding.com this is now a lot easier as I have only one place to go for cheap supplements, nutrition plans and training guides.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The best workout plan that has worked for me is a 5 day split that allows each main body parts to be individually trained to exhaustion, with variation between weights, exercises and minimal rest between sets.
- Standing Overhead Triceps Pulls: 3 sets of 12, 12, 6 reps
- Lying Triceps Extension: 4 sets of 10, 6, 4, 10 reps, 3 forced reps each set
- Triceps Dumbbell Kickback: 3 sets of 10 reps
Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10, 6, 8 reps
Reverse One-Armed Triceps Pushdown: 3 sets of 10, 6, 8 reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 6, 4, 4, 6 reps, 2 forced reps each set
One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 6 reps, 2-3 forced reps each set
Barbell Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 6 reps, 2-3 forced reps each set
Preacher Hammer Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 6 reps, 2-3 forced reps each set
- Reverse Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps, 5 forced reps each set
- Standing Military Press: 4 sets of 15, 8, 6, 8 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 6 reps, 3 forced reps each set
- Standing Upright Rows: 3 sets of 10, 8, 8 reps, 4 forced reps each set
- Shoulder Shrugs: 2 sets of 12 reps, 1 triple drop set of 12 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Front Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Bent Over Pulley Side Lateral: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps, 2 forced reps each set
- Chin-Ups: 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 10 reps, 2 forced reps each set
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 12, 8, 8, 6 reps
- One Armed Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 10, 6, 6 reps
- Bent Over Long Bar Row: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Rows: 2 sets of 6 reps, 2 forced reps each set, 1 triple drop set of 6 reps
- Wide-Grip Front Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets 10 reps, 3 forced reps each set
- Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 15, 8, 6, 3,6 reps, 3 forced reps last 4 sets
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 6 reps, 3 forced reps each set
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 6 reps, 2 forced reps each set
- Barbell Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 15, 10, 8 reps, 2 forced reps each set
- Standing Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 15, 10, 15 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 50, 30, 30 reps, 1 triple drop set of 20 reps
- Barbell Squat: 4 sets of 12, 8, 6, 8 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets of 10, 8, 10 reps
- Walking Barbell Lunges: 3 sets of 10, 8, 5 reps each leg
Leg Extensions: 2 sets of 25, 15 reps, 1 triple drop set of 10 reps
Seated Leg Curls: 2 sets of 25, 15 reps, 1 triple drop set of 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8, 8, 10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20, 10, 10, 20 reps, 5 forced reps
- Donkey Calf Raises: 3 sets of 15, 10, 15 reps, 5 forced reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 3 cups Weetabix cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 150g fat free yogurt
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop whey protein
- 100g chicken breast
- 1 scoop whey protein
- 1 scoop whey protein
- 1 scoop casein protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- SciVation Whey: 1 / 1 / 2 scoops
- Universal Animal Flex: 1 pack
- Optimum Nutrition Fish Oil Softgels: 3 softgels
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men: 3 tabs
- SciVation Xtend: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I don't just love bodybuilding, I live and breathe it, and those around me are constantly complaining that it's all I talk about. I recently had my first competition which was the INBA WA State Natural Physique Titles (Teens). I was the youngest on stage at age 16, and I placed 2nd out of 10 competitors. The competitor that beat me was 19, and had 3 years on me. I love stepping into the gym and giving it my all, one work out at a time, and being able to sculpt, shape and define my body. I enjoy every lift, meal, workout, and shake.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My family has always supported me no matter what. It began with my father who taught me how to body build, and originally motivated me to lift weights which I am now very thankful for.
My training partner who is also my brother, Elliot, has pushed me, inspired me, and encouraged me to be the best I can possibly be and I am so grateful for his ongoing support and putting up with me at my worst. It's great having someone so close to you share the same passion as you, and hopefully in 2013 we will be competing together at nationals!
Many natural bodybuilders have inspired me, to attain a flawless physique, such as Doug Miller and Aaron Curtis.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Since I first lifted a weight, I have been committed to improve my body. Natural bodybuilding is becoming bigger and bigger each year, and I want to be part of the movement.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Recently competing and placing 2nd has somehow motivated me to push myself harder, and made me hungrier to compete. I have plans of competing in several upcoming competitions in 2013 where I want my physique to be a step above the rest, these include the teen divisions in the INBA, NABBA/WFF, and IFBB, and competing nationally at INBA Australia. I have future ambitions of competing internationally in natural bodybuilding, and turning pro.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't achieve but remember Rome wasn't built in a day, neither is your body, we all have bad days, or days where we feel small, but you have to stick at it, eat well, train hard, and stay clean.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?