- Name: Dan Bonser
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 18
- Where: Sydney, Australia
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 162 Lbs Contest 195 Lbs Off
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift
- Favorite Supplements: Scivation Xtend
How Did You Get Started?
I started back in year 10 at high school when I was 15 trying to get bigger for my club football team and my school team, because I just wasn't big enough to compete with the older boys I was playing against. Starting at 54kgs/118 lbs I really need some help so my teacher suggested I went to the school gym in the mornings and try out a program he gave me.
From then I started noticing results fairly quickly (2 months of training) and I was getting bigger with mates all commenting on how much bigger I had gotten since training. As I progressed I became a gym rat so to speak reading every article I could and watching different guy's techniques and in about middle way through year 11 I was hooked unbelievably. From school I then moved my training to my friends house in his brothers granny flat were I could have a training partner and just do my own thing at his home gym, From there I just trained consistently and ate well and was slowly grinding to get bigger which was coming and increasingly people started to notice which is great.
Then in my final year of school I was trying to balance football and bodybuilding training knowing I needed to get bigger although the cardio wasn't helping me being a ectomorph naturally then from that point I decided that I had to leave football to really get bigger, from there Marc Grech helped me do a 10 month (clean) offseason diet to finally reach 84kgs then I did a 4 month pre contest diet to get ready for my first show. And that's what basically lead me up until now.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Chest/Triceps
- Flat Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Rope Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-12
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets 6-12 reps
Day 2: Back/Calves
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Calf Press: 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Day 3: Shoulders
- Seated Military Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Side Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Rear Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Smith Machine Shrugs: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 4: Legs
- Bike: 5 minutes
- Squats: 6 sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg Press: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets of 6-10reps
- Straight Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Alternative Curls: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Triceps Kickbacks: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Scivation Xtend, any Musashi products (Australian brand), ALRI Chained Out. The basic supplements are all I take I order to get what I need most of the nutrients is from food.
- Fish Oil tablets - 4 tablets 1000mg each
- Glucosamine tablets - 2 tablets 1000mg each
- Scivation Solution 5 - 2 scoops 40g protein
- Musashi Creatine Monohydrate - 20-30g daily during loading phase, after that 10g pre-workout
- Scivation Xtend - 4 scoops 23g
- Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice - 2 scoops 132g
- Twice A Day
- ALRI Bad Ass Mass - 1 tablet
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because of the challenge it brings me, it's unquestionably the hardest thing I've ever done physically and mentally. It pushes me to limits I didn't think were possible, I also love the self discipline it gives me in everything I do. And I love the fact the team around you helps you achieve results all the boys (and girls!) that helped me I see as an older brothers that give me tips on certain techniques to better myself. I love the companionship and result you have for follower competitors.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Knowing the end result is determined in what I choose to do in the mean time. But also just wanting to better myself in the sport keeps me hungry to remain in a healthy lifestyle.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
The fear of not being a man to my word is what kept me going towards the goals. Reading them every day hanging up on my wall and knowing what I wanted to do helped keep me focused.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Offseason for a whole year till this time next year were I plan to compete in the ANB regional show then go compete in the national competition in the teenage category and hopefully place well, And improving on what I have done this year. Then see where it can take me progressing after next year's competition season.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Know what you want to achieve and plan out how you're going to achieve it.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?