Lies are what make up those guys that you see every once and awhile. Lies are what also stop you from growing. So lets get to it. These are not in any specific order.
- I don't want to get too big.
- Today is my light day.
- I'll do abs tomorrow.
- I used to lift ...
- It's supposed to bounce off my chest like that.
- I don't do squats, 'cause they're bad for the knees.
- I'm just getting back into it.
- I don't do legs because they are already big.
- I don't care how I look, I just want to be strong.
- I've been sick lately.
- I don't care about how strong I am, I just wanna look good.
- I got these gains by using Creatine.
- I had too much alcohol last night.
- I haven't worked out in weeks.
- I lifted a lot more than that last time.
- I didn't drop it - it slipped.
- You don't need to lift heavy.
- I just injured my fill in the blank a couple weeks ago.
- I don't need to do legs because I run/walk/cycle on the weekends.
- You only have to do 1 set.
- I go to the gym to work on my fitness.
- Callus prevention? No I wear gloves to help my grip.
- I never cheat.
So I will end this article with a quote (by me), "making up crap to get you out of your workout is the first step to screwing yourself out of the body you really want."
Have fun in the GYM