Fit Mommy Manual: 3 Healthy Post-Natal Recipes
The most challenging part of becoming a Fit Mommy is learning how to eat like one. It's much easier to grab quick, greasy food than it is to cook at home—especially when you're crunched for time. Nutrition-wise, easier is almost never better. To get back to (or even better than) your pre-baby body and provide the best nutrition for your child, pay special attention to the food you put into your body.
To help you get better at preparing your food at home, here are three starter recipes. They are clean, healthy, and most important, easy. Try them today!
Power shakes are quick and easy to make, packed with nutrients, and can be consumed on the go.
They help balance hormones and increase the nutrient value of your breast milk.
Add or remove ingredients to suit your taste and caloric needs. I like using hemp or pea protein because they are both nutrient dense, natural, and contain no artificial sweeteners.
- 500 ml Coconut Milk
- 30g Hemp or Pea Protein
- 3 cubes of frozen Spinach
- 1 tbsp ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 cup frozen Berries
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Banana
- Blend all ingredients together.
Power Shake PDF (64.3 KB)
Try to buy organic ingredients whenever possible. You can find most of the ingredients for this shake at health food stores or online. If you don't want to use coconut milk, try almond milk, coconut water, or just plain water.
Cajun Spiced Salmon
This recipe is family and figure friendly. Even the most skeptical fish eaters won't turn their nose up at this dish. Salmon is packed with protein, healthy fats, and is basically carb-free. Try this recipe with organic brown rice or quinoa and vegetables.
- 4 wild Salmon Filets
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp crushed Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp dried, ground Garlic
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Mix all the spices together in a bowl. If needed, add extra sea salt.
- Rub the mix on both sides of salmon filets. Cover filets with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes, or until salmon reaches room temperature.
- When salmon is ready to cook, heat a frying pan on high heat.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Place the salmon filets in hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and eat!
Serving Size Per serving, recipe serves 4
Cajun Spiced Salmon PDF (14 KB)
Oh yes, you can still have dessert! Instead of reaching for a cookie, try this recipe. It's sweet and creamy, but has less sugar and more nutrition for you and your baby!
- Mix all ingredients into blender.
- Serve! For some extra flavor, try it with fresh berries.
Serving Size Per serving, recipe serves 2
Chocolate Dessert PDF (121 KB)
Recommended For You
- Follow This Discussion by:
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is Packed with Whey Protein Isolates & Fast-Acting HYDROWHEY Peptides! - Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices!