- 1999 Toronto Pro Invitational - IFBB, 7th
- 1999 Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 8th
- 1999 Arnold Classic - IFBB, 12th
- 1998 San Francisco Pro Invitational - IFBB, 11th
- 1998 Arnold Classic - IFBB, 8th
- 1997 San Jose Pro Invitational - IFBB, 7th
- 1997 Night of Champions - IFBB, 7th
- 1997 Arnold Classic - IFBB, 12th
- 1996 Night of Champions - IFBB, 3rd
- 1995 Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 1st
- 1995 Nationals - NPC, Overall Winner
- 1994 Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 3rd
- 1993 Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 4th
- 1992 Junior Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 5th
Don Long was born in Philadelphia on October 18, 1966. Don has an elder sister Michelle, an elder borther Cordell, and a baby brother Anthony. Don was raised in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. In 1985, Don moved to Alexandria, Virginia, where he joined a local gym, and started lifting weights. Don initially got into weight training because he was dancing, and you needed to have a body for dancing.
In March 1991, Don entered into his first contest, the Mr. Pennsylvania Natural, where he placed second. A month after the contest, Don met his future wife, Yvette. It was love at first sight, and they were married eight months later on December 9, 1991.
In 1992, Don finished fifth as a light-heavyweight at the NPC Junior Nationals, where he weighed 194 pounds. In 1993, Don finished fourth at the NPC Nationals, weighing 224 pounds, In 1994 at the NPC Nationals, Don weighed 241 pounds, and although he was ripped, he lost to Paul DeMayo, and Craig Titus. And in 1995... Don became an IFBB Professional.
Don Long can be reached for guest posing and appearances by e-mail: email@example.com.