- Name: W. Cutshall
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 46
- Where: Richamond, VA
- Height: 5' 8"
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :15
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest/Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell Preacher Curls
- Favorite Supplements: None.
How Did You Get Started?
I started my weight training in 1990 at the age of 25. I had a supervisor at work that I respected and he trained and I wanted to be like him. With his guidance and my determination my weight training began.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
After many years of changing my training plans in every way possible, I have learned that High Intensity Training (HIT) has worked the best for me.
This is what I currently use for my HIT training. Each set is performed to full positive and negative failure which includes post rest pause, forced reps and negative reps.
- Incline Bench Press: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Flat Flyes: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Flat Bench Press: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Dips: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Preacher Bench: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Cable Curls: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Seated Calf Machine: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Calf Raises On Leg Press Machine: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Shoulder Press: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Side Laterals: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Cable Pushdowns: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Single Arm Reverse Cable Pushdowns: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Skull Crushers: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Squats: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Leg Press: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Leg Extensions: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Single Leg Extensions: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Leg Curls: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Single Leg Curls: 1 set of 6-8 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 1 set of 6-8 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a sample of my nutritional plan
- 2 slices potato bread with 2-4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup veggies
- 2 slices potato bread with butter substitute and 2-4 tbsp natural peanut butter
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Although, I have tried numerous supplements over the years, I have found my best results from creatine and various forms of whey protein.
- Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion: 2 / 1 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The intense training for competitions and preparing for a show is as exciting as the actual competition itself.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My 4 year old son says "daddy want to workout." That may be the biggest motivation for me. I own my own equipment and he goes to the weight room with me and picks up his 5 pound dumbbells and tries to emulate what he see's me do. My boy is growing up knowing he has to stay fit and hopefully this will stick with him for life. He recently made me a father's day card that he wrote in his own handwriting that reads...."daddy I love to workout with you".
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I want to be the motivator as well as being motivated so this has influenced my decisions to continue to make obtainable goals. I learned very early in this life style that continual goals are required for me to get better results. Meeting a goal has made me want the next goal. It's a continual cycle.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
After 24 competitions since 1996, I want to start competing in the masters division. I would like the challenge of competing against others my own age.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Set specific real goals; don't be general in what you want. Specific and real goals such as "I want to lose 25 pounds by Christmas" or "I want to gain 5 pounds of muscle this year" this will continue to motivate you and make them a reality.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I am amazed by everyday people who transform their physiques by challenging their genetics.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?