- Name: Vaughan Ettienne
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 32
- Where: Brooklyn, NY
- Height: 5' 8"
- Weight: 196 Lbs; 215-220 Off-Season
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Squat
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly International BCAA + Glutamine
How Did You Get Started?
I went to a show to support some guys from my old gym and I was bitten by the bug. I just HAD to see if I could compete with some of the guys I saw.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1 - Legs
- Warm Up: Leg Extensions 4x15-20 Reps
- Leg Presses 3-4x15-10 Reps
- Squat 3-4x10-15 Reps (Deep, Controlled, And Squeezed Movements)
- Superset 1: Walking Lunges 3x8-10 Reps
- Superset 1: Lying Leg Curls 3x8-10 Reps
- Superset 2: Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3x8-10 Reps
- Superset 2: Standing Leg Curls 3x8-10 Reps
- Light Stretching And Some Quality Time On The Step Mill!
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Vaughan Ettienne's Day 1 Workout.
Day 2 - Chest And Arms
- Warm Up: Pec Deck Flyes 3x15-20 Reps
- Superset 1: Incline Dumbbell Presses 3x1-15 Reps
- Superset 1: Dumbbell Pullovers 3x1-15 Reps (Heavy As I Can For Those Reps)
- Flat Barbell Bench Press 3x8-12 Reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3x12 Reps
- Rope Triceps Extensions 3x20 Reps/
- Hammer Curl 3x15 Reps
- French Presses 3x12-15 Reps/
- EZ Bar Curl 3x15 Reps
- Bodyweight Dips 3xTo Failure/
- Concentration Curl 3x12-15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Vaughan Ettienne's Day 2 Workout.
Day 3 - Back
- Wide Grip Pull Ups 3x10-15 Reps
- Dumbbell Deadlifts 3x12-15 Reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows 3x8-12 Reps
- Seated Rows 3x10-15 Reps
- Straight Arm Pulldowns 3x10-15 Reps
- Back Extensions 3x15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Vaughan Ettienne's Day 3 Workout.
Day 4 - Delts
- Superset 1: Dumbbell Military Presses 3x6-12 Reps
- Superset 1: Barbell Front Raises 3x6-12 Reps
- Superset 2: Military Barbell Presses 3x12-15 Reps
- Superset 2: Dumbbell Side Raises 3x12-15 Reps.
- Superset 3: Wide Grip Barbell Upright Rows 3x10-12 Reps
- Superset 3: Behind The Back Upright Shrug - 3x10-12 Reps
- Superset 4: Dumbbell Shrugs 3x12-15 Reps
- Superset 4: Bent Over Reverse Flyes 3x12-15 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Vaughan Ettienne's Day 4 Workout.
Day 5. Arms And Calves.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
In the off season, particularly this current one, I am sticking with a clean, high calorie, nutrient rich variety of foods. I manipulate my high glycemic carbs so that they are ingested right before and after training and the rest of the day I opt for slow burning clean carbs. I have kept cardio in my daily routine and as a result my appetite is pretty voracious. I eat every 2-2 1/2 hours.
- 1 1/2 Cup Oatmeal With Raisins
- 1/2 Tbl Spoon Peanut Butter
- 10 Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs Or 2 Scoops Protein Powder
Meal 4 Pre Training
Meal 5 Post Training
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
BCAA's + Glutamine by Beverly International, Beverly's multi-vitamins, along with various green tea extract, Carnitine, omega 3 fish oils, CLA's, protein powers, and Nitric oxide supplements were the mainstay of my supplementation program. I also found some of the ephedra based products I found on BB.com to be very useful in getting leaner.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it demands that you martial your passions for food, socializing and any other non-productive distractions and submit to the exacting science of dieting, training, posing and sleeping that results in the physique you want to present. You over come temptation, frustration, ridicule, ignorance of the sport, stares, and monetary set backs so that for a few fleeting minutes on that one day, you can shine on stage and smile as if you just didn't endure 16 or more weeks of pure hell. And then you do it again and again and again. What's not to love? I mean, that's normal...right?
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Looking at the 09 Bev Francis and the 09 Team Universe right now. Nationals are also on the table for 09.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Every one finds a way to compete. Don't forget those who played an active role in helping with cooking, posing, and training. More importantly, don't forget those who got out of your way and allowed you to do those things and accepted the sport because it made you happy.