- Name: Teresa Hunt-Kilgore
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 45
- Where: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 145
- Years Bodybuilding :6
- Favorite Bodypart: Back And Delts
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly protein powders, glutamine, 7 Keto.
How Did You Get Started?
Initially I just wanted to lose some weight so I would look and feel better. Over the years I had let myself go by eating fast food and not exercising. My clothing sizes kept creeping up and up until I finally said, enough is enough.
So I joined a gym and started learning how to put together workouts and eating healthy. I read everything I could about nutrition and fitness. Little did I know at the time that I would transform myself beyond anything I believed possible.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday - Back Day
- Warm-Up With Pull-Ups 2-3 Sets Of 12-15
- Deadlifts - 3-4 Sets Of 12-15
- Bent Barbell Rows - 3-4 Sets Of 10-15
- Wide Grip Pulldowns - 3-4 Sets Of 10-15
I switch out Wide Grip Pulldowns with Close Grip Pulldowns and Seated Cable Rows.
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Teresa Hunt-Kilgore's Monday Workout.
Tuesday - Chest Day
- Warm-Up With Machine Flyes 2-3 Sets Of 15
- Incline Dumbbell Press - 3-4 Sets Of 15
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 3-4 Sets Of 15
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Presses - 3-4 Sets Of 12-15
- Cable Crossovers - 4 Sets Of 15
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Teresa Hunt-Kilgore's Tuesday Workout.
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Hamstrings
- Warm-Up With Barbell Deadlift Only 2-3 Sets Of 12-15
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 4 Sets Of 12-15
- Lying Leg Curls - 4 Sets Of 12-15
- Seated Leg Curls - 3 Sets Of 12-15
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Teresa Hunt-Kilgore's Thursday Workout.
Friday - Quads
- Warm-Up With 2-3 Sets Of Leg Extensions
- Leg Press - 4 Sets Of 12-15
- Walking Dumbbell Lunges - 4 Sets Of 20
- Leg Extensions - 3 Sets Of 12-15
Due to knee injuries I no longer do Squats or Hack Squats.
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Teresa Hunt-Kilgore's Friday Workout.
Saturday - Delts
- Warm-Up With Dumbbell Presses
- Arnold Presses - 4 Sets Of 15
- Standing Dumbbell Side Raises - 4 Sets Of 15
- Bent Dumbbell Raises - 4 Sets Of 15
- Reverse Cable Crossovers - 4 Sets Of 15
I occasionally throw in front plate raises to really hit the front part of my delts.
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Teresa Hunt-Kilgore's Saturday Workout.
Sunday - Usually An Off Day But Occasionally I Do Cardio
I no longer work biceps and triceps as they get plenty of work during chest and back days.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder
I can pretty much stay on this diet all the time although in the off season I change up the carbs for whole grain bread, sweet potatoes and shredded wheat cereal. I have a cheat meal once or twice a week when I'm not prepping for a show.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The one supplement I got the most from was NO Xplode. I had been working on adding mass to my delts so I set my goal as being able to do 4 sets of 15 on Arnold presses with the #35 dumbbells. NO Xplode was a big factor in helping me put on size and also being able to do my delt workouts with the #35's.
During my last contest prep I used ALRI's Hyperdrive to help curb my appetite and it worked great! Beverly products have been and always will be part of my diet year around as they are proven to do what they were meant to do.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding for many reasons. But the big ones are:
- Health - I'm healthier than I was when I was 20 years younger.
- Being fit, I'm definitely fitter now than I was 20 years ago.
- Reaching goals and smashing old personal records. I've always been competitive and with bodybuilding there's always a challenge both mentally and physically to reach for.
- Competition! When I first started I was just going to do one show. Little did I know that I would still be competing 5 years later with 17 shows under my belt!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I started in bodybuilding, and then switched over to figure. Having seen and enjoyed both sides, I'm taking some time off to enjoy life a little. My plans are to continue to refine my physique and come back in the Fall of '09. I haven't yet decided whether my comeback show will be in figure or bodybuilding though. I'll worry about that at the end of summer '09 when I get back into contest prep mode.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
- Learn the basics. Old school exercises are the foundation for an awesome physique.
- Read. And ask questions. In fitness and nutrition, you never stop learning.
- Don't take on too much in the beginning. I've seen more people suffer burnout and not go back to the gym due to having a "gotta have it all now" mindset. Good things take time. And good things come to those who are patient and dedicated in the gym.