- Name: Ryan Hughes
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 22
- Where: West Chester, PA
- Height: 6'1''
- Weight: 215 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Arms
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Isopure, Vitargo, XF Whey
How Did You Get Started?
I began working out in high school. I was the typical tall, skinny kid who wanted to "get big." After a few months of working out I realized it was not as easy as it looked. However, I have been very fortunate to receive a lot of guidance along the way. I became addicted to the lifestyle and went from the tall, skinny kid to an amateur competitive bodybuilder, personal trainer, and an avid fan of the sport in just a few short years.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I use a 5 day on 1 day off routine. Here is a sample week:
Day 1: Chest
- Bench Press: 5 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Decline Bench Press: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Machine Chest Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Pec Deck: 4 sets of 12 reps
Day 2: Arms
- EZ Bar Curls: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Weighted Dips: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Straight Bar Curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
- One Arm Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 8 reps
- Cable Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
Day 3: Back
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 10 reps
Day 4: Shoulders
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Barbell Military Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 5 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Front Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
Day 5: Legs
- Barbell Squats: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 15, 12, 12, 10 reps
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 15, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Single Leg Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 10 reps
- Lying Hamstring Curls: 12, 10, 10, 10 reps
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Repeat
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1: 7:00 AM
Meal 2: 9:30-10:00 AM
Meal 3: 12:30 PM
Meal 4: 3:00 PM
Meal 5: 5:30-6:00 PM Pre-Workout
Meal 6: 8:00-8:30 PM Post-Workout
Meal 7: 9:30-10:00 PM
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I am currently using a wide range of products. My favorite company at the moment would have to be LG Sciences. They are doing some really big things in the supplement world. I use their Lipotropic Protein throughout the day to ensure sufficient protein intake. Anadraulic Pump combined with Anadraulic State GT pre workout and POSTAL and Perfect Carb post workout.
I have tried a lot of different products and personally I think these are some of the best on the market right now. Anadraulic State GT is without a doubt the best pre-workout supplement I have used to date. I also use Controlled Labs Orange Triad and Orange OxiMega Fish Oils. Every once and a while, for a treat, I will use Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 7 Hour Protein 2.0 Cinnamon Roll before bed.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
What's not to love? The sport is unlike any other in that you are competing against yourself everyday of the week. There are no true "off" days because your diet and supplement intake is a year round job. There is truly no other sport that requires more determination and devotion to the task at hand, which is to constantly improve and fine tune your physique. It's a constant battle everyday to beat personal records in the gym and fight temptation to go off your diet out of the gym. I love the challenge and will always love this sport.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Results. The outcome of diet and exercise is so rewarding. Everyone can benefit greatly from a healthy diet and exercise. There is no better feeling in the world.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
People telling me I can't. In fact my first show was probably entirely fueled by the fact that I was being told I couldn't do what I was about to do. Well, I stepped on stage that day, took first, and never looked back.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Following my last competition in May, I have begun my fitness modeling career, which is truly where I want to take this. I hope to break into the fitness industry in the next year or two in a big way.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way of achieving your goals. Yes genetics, money, and what you readily have available play a big role in the results you get. However, drive and determination will outweigh all those things in the end.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?