- Name: Robert Vaters
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 24
- Where: St.John's, Newfoundland
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 167 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :5
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Bench press
- Favorite Supplements: Creatine, Tribulus, N-Large 2
How Did You Get Started?
I started Bodybuilding at the age of 19 at a youth center in my local town in 2003. A year later I started working at the local gym and got recognition from the gym owner who encouraged me to compete in 2004.
In December of 2004 I did my first show placing 1 in the middle weights. In 2006 I went into my 2nd show placing 3rd in the middle weight class. Just recently in June of 2008 I placed 1st in the middle and came very close to winning the Overall.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Workout #1 Quads:
- Leg Extensions = 25 reps (low weight)
- Single Leg Press = 3 sets x 10 reps
- Single Leg Extensions = 3 sets 10 reps
- Leg press (with feet pointing outward) = 3 sets x 12 reps
Workout #2 Chest:
- Flat bench press = 4 sets x 10 reps
- Decline press = 3 sets 12 reps
- Dumbbell Flys = 2 sets 10 reps
- Dumbbell pullovers = 3 sets x 8 reps
- Sit-ups (use a 25 lbs Plate) = 4 sets 15 reps
Workout #3 Back:
- Deadlifts = 3 sets x 10 reps
- Underhand Barbell Rows = 3 sets x 10 reps
- Lateral Pull Downs (behind neck) = 4 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs (with bar behind you) = 4 sets x10 reps
- Leg Raises = 3 sets x15 reps
Workout #4 Biceps & Triceps:
- Barbell curls = 3 sets 10 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer curls = 3 sets x 8 reps
- Weighted dips = 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Triceps extensions Dumbbell = 3 sets x 10 reps
- Sit-up = 3 sets x 20 reps with 25 lbs plate
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Ok here we go. From weeks 16-12 I had worked on cutting out my Starchy (dirty) carbs and began increasing my protein intake. Weeks 12-8 I increased my intake of veggies. Week 8 I cut out all fruit which was very hard.
From week 8-3 my diet consisted of mainly chicken breast, lean ground beef, steak, sweet potato, red potatoes, and rice. No cheat meals! Weeks 2- show time, All I had eaten was Chicken Brest (A LOT!), Sweet potato and Whole wheat rice. Also I was eating 3 servings of veggies each day for the last 2 weeks.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
During my contest prep my supplements were:
- Pure creatine monohydrate
- Lots of BCAAs
- Lots of Omega 3-6-9's
- Venom Hyperdrive
- Cranberry extract
- Vitamin C
- Digestive enzymes
- 6 OXO
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
First of all for me this sport is like working with art. I take photos of my posing and work on areas of weakness building them to develop a better physique. I also enjoy helping others prepare for competitions, and achieve personal fitness goals.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on doing one more show in which I will weight about 10 lbs more than my previous show and finally take home an overall trophy. I will also continue helping out people to get ready for future competitions.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
When it comes to time to get ready for a show, "Sacrificing a cheat meal will make the difference between 1st and 2nd place." Also going the extra week(s) preparing for a show will only give you an advantage and advantage with the competitive edge.
I found that focusing on a proper diet and working smart with correct training adjustments will balance out giving you the almost perfect package on stage (No one is perfect).
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?