- Name: Robert Wiggins Jr.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 51
- Where: Baxley, GA
- Height: 5' 9"
- Weight: 195 lbs contest, 215-220 lbs o
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest and Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press and Incline Dumbbell Press
- Favorite Supplements: Jack3d, whey and casein protein
How Did You Get Started?
I played football in high school and lifted weights for that. After graduating from high school I continued to lift weights in college. I quit lifting at around 35 years old but returned to it and began bodybuilding at 40. I decided to enter my first contest at 50 years old and have not looked back!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I work out 4 days a week (Mon. Tues., Thurs, and Fri.) at 5 am. I like working out at this time because there are fewer people in the gym and the ones there at that time of the day are serious. I do 30 minutes of cardio on Tues, and Thurs., and 60 min. cardio on Mon. and Fri. before working out. My current workout looks like this:
- Flat Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Cable Crossover: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 12, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Preacher: 4 sets of 12, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Hammer Curl Cable: 4 sets of 12 reps
- High Cable Double Biceps Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 15, 10, 10, 10 reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Low Cable Pulls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Skull Crusher: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Pushdowns: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Squats: 6 sets of 20, 15, 12, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extension: 7 sets of 10 reps, 30 sec rest
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Isolateral Leg Curls: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 8 reps
- Seated Calves: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calves: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Sitting Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Front Raises Dumbbell: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Side Raises Cable: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Behind The Back Cable Press: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Front Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Upright Cable: 4 sets of 8 reps
I do 30 minutes of cardio before working out on Mon., Tues., Thurs. and Fri. Abs are done on Tues. and Thurs.
I try not to do the same exercises every week and also vary the number of reps and sets. I do this by always keeping a log book.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I eat 6 meals per day and have a re-feed day on Sundays where I up the carbs. I normally have around 125g carbs per day except for the re-feed day and around 250g protein and 60g of fat per day.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 60g whey protein isolate
- 8 oz grilled tilapia
- 1 cup green beans
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Nothing beats eating whole foods at the correct times; however I do use whey protein powder and casein powder sometimes. I also use Jack3d before my workouts and Xtend during my workouts. Daily I take multi-vitamins, flax seed oil, fish oil, CLA, ALA and glutamine.
- SciVation Xtend: 2 scoops
- Casein Protein: 2 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding and staying fit is my hobby! I get a natural high every time I workout and it also is a great stress reliever. Bodybuilding is a sport where you can always improve and set goals that you can achieve. The people I have met within the fitness community inspire and motivate me every day to the point where I actually have to force myself to take days off.
Bodybuilding is a privilege and an honor to me not something I dread or have to forced to do. The attention I get from people who recognize my efforts and drive is a plus too!
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The overall benefits of a healthy lifestyle are enough to motivate anyone. It is great at the age of 51 to physically do any type of activity that I want to do.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
At around age 40 I was 246lbs and a 43 waist and decided then that it was time do to do something about it. I started working out and have not looked back!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan to compete again this year in June and July.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
It takes time. Building a great body does not happen over night! You must give it time and your diet is 70% of the plan!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Jay Cutler and the thousands of amateur body builders that have changed their bodies and their lifestyles.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?