- Name: Raymond Seymour
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 42
- Where: Tempe, AZ
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 165 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Arms
- Favorite Exercise: Dips
- Favorite Supplements: ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
Seven years ago at age 35 my weight was as high as 205 lbs. At that point I decided I could go in two different directions, continue eating poorly and possibly become obese with diabetes or take responsibility for what I was doing to my body. I started going to a gym with a friend (the friend has long since quit) and I've been hooked ever since. I saw gains in muscle after 3 months but never saw any results in definition until I got the diet dialed in. I don't think people understand how important the diet part is, it's like a pyramid: strength train, diet and cardio. You have to do all three to see results.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I keep it simple, three days a week of strength training, three days of cardio. Sunday is my off day. I choose two body parts each day and do four exercises for each body part (for total of eight). It takes about an hour to complete. (I prefer to do four sets of ten to twelve reps per exercise).
I'm always mixing up my routine but as an example Monday chest and legs, Wednesday shoulders and back, Friday biceps and triceps I also include a few abs exercises on those days too. Tuesday, Thursday Saturday I do cardio. I'm always mixing up the cardio depending on the season, I swim, jump rope, play basketball and run sprints.
- Running: 5 miles
- Barbell or Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Pec Deck Machine: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dips - Chest Version: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Triceps Extension: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Pushdown: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Sprints: 10 sets of 100 yards
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Rear Delt Flyes: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Shrug: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Concentration Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hammer Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Drag Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Jump Rope Or Swimming: 30 minutes
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Chin-Ups: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Decline Bench Crunch: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine Crunch: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Stability Ball Crunch: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I eat six to seven times a day about two to three hours apart. Two of the meals consist of protein shakes and all meals are around three hundred calories. I eat as soon as I get up which is very important. For example my first meal is one egg white scrambled in a bowl in the microwave, put on a whole wheat bagel with some low fat ricotta cheese and a glass of water. Drink lots of water during the day, it keeps you full. Another meal will just be a whey protein shake blended with milk and flax seeds.
- 1 scoop whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Powderized Fiber: 2 tbsp
- Whey Protein: 1 scoop
- MRI Black Powder: 1 serving
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I enjoy bodybuilding to keep fit and young looking; it's a way of putting off ageing. People find it hard to believe I'm 42.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Other people! When I'm in line at the grocery store I see what people have in their carts and looking at their choices and the shape their in and knowing I could have chose that same path.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Just to see if I could do it, and see results, I'm kind of a discipline junkie.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Just to continue on, if I stopped now it would be like letting myself down. People have asked if I plan on competing and I laugh while telling my age.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
It's important to do all three - weightlifting, cardio and diet - if you want to see results!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I would have to say Frank Zane, great definition for his size (I'm guessing most of the people reading this are wondering who he is).
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I like being able to download pictures here. My PC has crashed several times and has lost many progress pictures, that was my reason for joining this site and the store is the cheapest place when it comes to buying supplements.