- Name: Nikki Warner
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 25
- Where: Indiana
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 110 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Triceps, Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Twinlab MRP, Glutamine, ALA, and Myoplex
How Did You Get Started?
I was a skinny 90 lbs. runner my sophomore year in H.S. I hated looking that way and desperately wanted to have some womanly curves. One advantage to being thin was the less you weighed the better runner you were since you didn't have to run with the extra bodyweight. My brother, Brad, who is a good amateur bodybuilder persuaded me to start weight training. Within one month I had joined my local YMCA and I was hooked from then on out.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Training Pre-contest (3 months out)
- Month 1: Cardio 3 times week for 30 min.
- Month 2: Cardio 4-5 times week for 45 min.
- Month 3: Cardio 5 times week for 60 min. (2 separate sessions of 30 min. a piece).
- Mon.: Chest
- Tues: Back
- Wed: Rest
- Thurs: Legs
- Fri.: Arms
- Sat.: Shoulders
- Sun.: Rest
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a one day sample...I don't eat the same thing everyday. I use a lot of variety and include a cheat day once a week, which is a pig out day. On this day I eat anything and everything!
- Before Breakfast: 5gm. Twinlab Creatine/Glutamine/ 2gm. Twinlab Pyruvate
- Cardio: eliptical climber 30min.
- After Cardio: 1.5gm. HMB (Twinlab); Myoplex or Met-Rx meal replacement; 250mg. Alpha-Lipoic Acid
- Meal 2: 7 egg whites; 1 c. cooked oats with sweet/low; 2 tsp Flax Oil; 2 Chitosan (for fiber)
- Weight Workout: legs (before workout: 5gm. Glutamine/Creatine/ZMA) **Wts. take 50-60min.
- After Workout: Myoplex or Met-Rx MRP; ALA; Pyruvate
- Meal 3: 4 oz. cooked chicken or a can tuna; 1 hard-boiled egg if having tuna salad; stir fry veg. (Mrs. Dash); 1/2 to 3/4 c. cooked pasta or rice
- Meal 4: 4oz. cooked chicken or lean round steak; large salad with Paul Newman's oil/vinegrette dressing; 3/4 c. cooked brown rice with Mrs. Dash
- Meal 5: Protein Plus Met-Rx protein powder/ZMA/HMB/Pyruvate
- 2 weeks before a show I add in a fat-burner and GKG
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Glutamine is a big lifesaver for me. It helps me recover from grueling workouts and boosts my immune system so that I am less likely to get sick. Also, I rely heavily on my meal replacements, such as Myoplex. They are packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals necessary to stay healthy and make gains.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Fitness has given me an outlet in life. I have achieved several goals that I have set out for myself through lifting/competing. It makes you feel good about who you are as a person and what you have become. I love helping others with their fitness goals/motivations when they approach me for advice. It also boosts your self -esteem knowing that you are so dedicated to a sport and can conquer your goals/dreams!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I would like to become a professional figure competitor in the very near future. After turning pro. I would like to continue doing guest appearances for Twinlab, along with modeling for various magazines/websites, etc. This will also help me out with my future career as a dietitian. In the future I would like to open up my own nutrition counseling and supplement business and spread the word about all the wonderful things about bodybuilding/fitness!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Here is a wonderful quote that sums it up: "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I really admire Laurie Vaniman inside and out. She is a very giving, warm, friendly, fun, and absolutely beautiful competitor! Her abs are phenomenal and very motivating to me!