- Name: Kim Schaefer
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 42
- Where: Carrollton, TX
- Height: 5'6''
- Weight: 123 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Shoulder Press
- Favorite Supplements: Muscleology Nitro Pro, Purus Labs Muscle Marinade, Allmax Razor8
How Did You Get Started?
About 8 years ago I needed to make some changes to my eating habits. I've always exercised in some form. I used the Body for Life program and changed my diet and my training to program to drop some body fat. After 12 weeks I decided to take it a step further and compete in my first figure competition. I competed at the Mid-Illinois Figure Championships placing 4th. I continued with healthy eating habits and changed my training yet again to add more muscle mass.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
- Cardio: 30-40 min
- Alternating one legged leg curls superset: 3 set of 10 reps
- Weighted Walking lunges: 1 set to failure
- NS Leg press: 3 set of 20 reps
- Abductor machine: 3 set of 15 reps
- Skip squats: 3 set of 20 reps
- Plate push: 1 set to failure
- Cardio: 15 min step mill, 1 mile run
- WG Chins: 6 set of 6 reps
- WG Seated rows: 3 set of 15 reps
- One-arm cable rows: 4 set of 10 reps
- Bent-over reverse grip rows: 4 set of 10 reps
- Hyperextensions: 3 set of 15 reps
- D-bell deadlifts: 3 set of 10 reps
- Sumo-Stance rack pulls: 4 set of 6 reps
- Cardio: 35 min treadmill variations
- Lateral raises: 4 set of 15 reps
- Machine press: 4 sets of 15,12,10,10 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 set of 15 reps
- RG front press: 4 set of 10 reps
- D-bell up-in-backs: 4 set of 10 reps
- Upright row push outs: 4 set of 10 reps
- Shrugs: 5 sets of 20,15,10,10,10 reps
- Various abs (1 set performed after each exercise): 7 sets of 50 reps
- Pushdowns: 3 sets of 30 seconds
- Overhead cable extensions: 4 set of 15 reps
- Incline bench d-bell curls: 4 set of 10 reps
- Machine preacher curls: 4 set of 15 reps
- Alternating supinated curls: 3 set of 10 reps
- Crunches: 3 set of 20 reps
- Cardio: 20 min stair stepper, 20 min run
- NG Machine press: 4 set of 10 reps
- D-bell pullovers: 3 set of 15 reps
- D-bell decline press: 3 set of 10 reps
- Pushups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Mountain climbers: 1 set of 50 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 5 oz various white fish
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup mixed veggies
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Besides the changes to my body I feel empowered when I train. I have a confidence that I didn't have before competing. I also love the fact that I have a better immune system and feel better when I'm training.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I'm a self motivator and don't depend on others to motivate me to get to the gym. A healthy lifestyle has been a huge part of my life that it just comes naturally. When I have a weekend of poor eating I get back on track by Monday. The sluggish feeling alone is enough motivation to stay on track.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
First I achieve my goals for myself. But another push I had was those people who didn't think I could achieve my goals. It pushed me to prove them all wrong.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Now that I graduated college this past November I will compete again in the spring. I will compete at the West Texas Classic and possibly the Ronnie Coleman Classic. I will switch from figure to bikini.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Compete for yourself and surround yourself by positive influences.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?