- Name: Katina Maistrellis
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 28
- Where: Dallas, Texas
- Height: 5' 8"
- Weight: 140 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Shoulders/Back
- Favorite Supplements: ALRI and USP Labs
How Did You Get Started?
I was a competitive swimmer in college and just making the Olympics in 2000 by one place and after that I retired from swimming. I still wanted to compete, but did not know what I wanted to do, but I knew I loved to train and that it was a major part of my life. So one of my friends brought me to the Europa Show in Dallas, TX and I really enjoyed the Figure/Fitness portion of the show.
I loved the idea of being able to train but it had the feminine side to it as well. From then on I wanted to compete and I trained and dieted for my first show almost a year later and won! It was a great feeling of pride being able to walk on stage and show off all of the hard work and dedication you have put in and be acknowledged for that. Being able to try and make changes in my physique and fell the best that I can is definitely what motivates me to success.
View My BodySpace Profile: bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/KatinaM.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sample Training Week:
I lift five days a week and do cardio six days a week. I split my lifting as follows:
- Monday: Shoulders (Heavy weight and reps are between 12-15)
- Tuesday: Legs (heavy weight and reps between 12-15)
- Wednesday: Cardio only ( 1 hour either on the stair mill or the elliptical)
- Thursday: Back (heavy on lower lat tie ins and reps are 12-15; lighter weight and high reps on upper back reps are 15-20)
- Friday: Shoulders (Circuit training and lots of super sets; lighter weight and higher reps 15-20)
- Saturday: Legs/ Track work (Circuit training and high reps 20-30 on each exercise; for track work I do sprints, plyos, and bleachers)
- Sunday: Off
My most popular shoulder exercises are:
Shoulder press (Dumbbell, Smith Machine, Free Motion or Hammer Strength)
Lateral Raises (Dumbbell or Free Motion)
Front Raises (With plate)
Rear delts (Sitting with DB, Free motion, or reverse peck machine)
Most Popular Leg Exercises:
Squats (Hack machine, Free Motion, or Hammer Strength)
Lunges (with bar, smith machine, or DB)
Lying leg curl
Sitting leg extension
Stiff Leg lifts
Leg Press with feet narrow for sweep and wide for gluts
Most popular back exercise:
For track work I do sprints on the straight-a-way and jog the turns, then I do agility work such as jumps and foot work, and finally I run bleachers.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Sample Meal Plan:
I eat six times a day with protein for each meal and carbs and fat spread through out the day
- Meal 1: Six egg whites and 1/2 cup of oats with 1tbsp of peanut butter
- Meal 2: 2 scoops of protein isolate (no carbs) and 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- Meal 3: 6 oz. chicken breast or turkey with 3 oz. sweet potato and cup or broccoli
- Meal 4: 6 oz. chicken breast or turkey with 3 oz. sweet potato and cup or broccoli
- Meal 5: 6 oz. of Tilapia with cup of green veggies
- Meal 6: Six egg whites and tbsp of peanut butter
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- ALRI Venom Hyperdrive
- ALRI Jungle Warfare
- ALRI Lean Dreams
- ALRI N'Gorge
- USPlabs PowerFULL
- Lean Extreme
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love being able to change my body and know that my training and diet will allow me to receive the results that I want. I love the people that I get to meet and the opportunity to travel as well. I like being able to step on stage and be recognized for my efforts and know that I put all that I had into my physique and presentation. And of course the ability to compete and work toward a goal!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I would like to get my pro card in the next two years. I would also like to start promoting healthy living here in Dallas, TX. It is so hard today for people to be consistent with diet and exercise and people seem to focus on what is convenient and easy and I would like to be able to show people that living a healthy lifestyle is obtainable and can be made easy. Too many of the children today are overweight and that is really sad, so I would also like to teach parents and kids ways to keep their children active and make smarter food choices.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Do not let anyone stand in the way of your goals and base your progress off of you and not any one else. Too many people get wrapped up in wanting to look like someone else and we all need to like how we look and just work on being the best that we can be.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Fitness Amateurs!|