- Name: Johnnie Peters
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 33
- Where: Charleston, SC
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 230 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: White Flood, RoxyLean ECA, Cell K.E.M.
How Did You Get Started?
I went through a bad break up at age 18. I was also recovering from 2 years in a wheelchair after being in a hit and run had completely destroyed my left lower leg. I have rods and pins and screws in it as a result. My friend dragged me out of bed and forced me to go to the gym with him. After a week I was sold, and the romance began with me and sister steel.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Through the years nothing has worked better for me than a Max-OT and FST-7 combo. After properly warming up, I do 9 heavy work sets taken to positive failure in the 4-6 rep range for large muscle groups (chest, back, quads, hams). Shoulders are a little more complex with 9-12 sets heavy work sets. Biceps, triceps, and calves get 6 heavy work sets.
After the heavy sets for a given body part are complete I will randomly select a fourth exercise which I will do FST-7 (7 sets in a row of 1 exercise with only 30 seconds rest with moderate to heavy weight) for 8-12 reps per set. I journal everything I do. I believe beating the journal entry from last week is the key to growth and making gains every single workout. I'm always evolving.
I do a 5-6 day split generally. Cardio is in the AM on an empty stomach if prepping, post workout in the off season. Generally I will use the treadmill at a 10%-15% incline at 2.0-3.5 mph.
- Reverse Grip Barbell Rows: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 4 sets of 4-6 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Close Grip V-Bar Cable Pulldowns: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Wide Grip Straight Bar Cable Rows: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Incline Barbell Press: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 3 sets 4-6 reps
- Weighted Dips - Chest Version: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 2 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Smith Machine Squats: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Calf/Toe Presses On Leg Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Barbell Press: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Presses: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Standing Side Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Bent Over Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 warm-up add sets of 15, 10, 5 reps, 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Lying Behind The Head French Press: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Hammer Curls: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Cable Pressdowns: 2 sets of 4-6 reps
- Preacher Curls: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
- Cable Pressdowns With Rope: 7 FST-7 sets of 8-12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Controlled Labs White Flood: 2 scoops
- Evogen Cell K.E.M.: 2 scoops
- Mixed with 20 oz Gatorade
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
For me it's a spiritual thing. A lifestyle. I love being jacked with arms that make anyone stare. It's power.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The rewards are all that I need to stay motivated. Life is hard sometimes, but it seems a lot easier when the temple is in shape. I have a daughter on the way and it's made me re-evaluate what "healthy" is. Did you hear that? I think I just became a man. Life is short too and I want to believe that my best days are ahead of me not behind me.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I've wanted to be involved since I was little. The documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" says it all. I bought the Arnold Schwarzenegger bodybuilding encyclopedia like 15 years ago and that was all it took. Learning about the greats like Sergio Oliva, Franco Columbu, Tom Platz, etc, I wanted that look. I wanted that presence when I walked in a room, and I got it.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I have a baby on the way so I'm focusing on that to make sure she has the best life possible. I will finally hit the stage in 2012.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Stop running in circles and keep a journal.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?