- Name: J. Kelly
- E-mail: tryn2brppd2yahoo.com
- Age: 29
- Where: Los Angeles, CA
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Pull-Ups
- Favorite Supplements: MRM 100% Natural Whey Vanilla, Dymatize Elite Recoup
How Did You Get Started?
I got started working out seriously when I was done playing collegiate athletics. I always knew the importance of working out for performance but my joy of it was not there. I just lifted because I was supposed to. After leaving college I needed an outlet from the real world. The weight room became that for me. Now I start my day off in the gym at 5 AM before I head off for work! I love exercise and I will be doing it for the rest of my life
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I have gotten my biggest gains using a pyramid system for my one day body part splits. This usually consists of finding 5 exercises for the bodypart and performing 4 sets with the reps at 15/12/10/8 with some variation.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Back
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets to failure
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 13, 11, 9, 8 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row: 4 sets of 7-11 reps
- T-Bar Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Cable Row With Rope: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Low-Back Extension: 4 sets of 7-11 reps
Day 2: Chest
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 9, 8, 11, 11 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine Bench Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Chest Flyes: 2 sets of 25 reps
- Decline Pushups: 4 sets of 15 reps
Day 3: Legs
- Squat: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Squat: 3 sets of 8 partial reps
- Hack Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Single Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 4: Abs/Shoulders
- Decline Crunch: 4 sets of 20, 19, 18, 17 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Seated Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 7 reps
- Seated Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 9 reps
- Angled Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 5: Abs/Hamstrings/Calves
- Decline Oblique Crunch: 4 sets of 13, 11, 9, 8 reps
- Lying Alternating Leg Raise: 4 sets of 40 second holds
- Standing Leg Curl: 4 sets of 7-11 reps
- Dumbbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets of 7-11 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 13 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 4 sets of 13 reps
Day 6: Arms
EZ Bar Decline Skull Crusher: 4 sets of 10 reps
EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
Lying Cable Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
Triceps Rope Pressdowns: 4 sets of 10 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Kickback: 4 sets of 10 reps
One Arm Preacher Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
Cable Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Cable Overhead Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 10 reps
Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10 reps
45lb Plate Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 7: Cardio Only
- Stepmill or Spin Class: 30 minutes
- HIIT: 4-5 time per week
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
The best plan for nutrition is to eat as clean and often as possible and enjoy one day where you can a cheat meal. My day is often Sundays.
Meal 1: 6:30 AM
Meal 2: 10:30 AM
- 1.5 scoops protein shake
Meal 3: 12:00 PM
Meal 4: 2:30 PM
Meal 5: 5:30 PM
- 2 scoops protein shake
Meal 6: 8:00 PM
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
2-3 Times Daily:
- Whey Protein: 1-2 scoops
Post Workout And Bed Time:
Pre And Post Workout:
- Creatine: 2.5g
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I really love the power and strength that you get from taking care of yourself and seeing the gains on a regular basis. The dedication and diligence is a great piece of my life that puts a smile on my face daily. I love the feeling that working out gives you. I feel that life is much better when you spend a few hours in the weight room every week. In bodybuilding you can always see progress if you track your workouts. It is an amazing habit to have and I am so glad that my wife and I do it together.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My number one motivation is treating my body like the temple it is. I only get one body so I want to make the absolute most of it while I have it. A healthy life is a great life. It is not a burden to work out and eat right. It is a pleasure to wake up with energy and confidence because I know I am building a better body on a daily basis. I want to inspire those around me to live an active lifestyle and see that it's not torture.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
My wife is a great inspiration to me and she lit a new fire under me to keep it tight and keep it right.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am thinking about competing in a FAME competition.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Find a coach that has done it themselves and has winners that they are currently training. Find the winners and get connected with them because they know what it takes to leave with the hardware. Winning is contagious so catch it!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use the following: