- Name: Gabriella Sheindlin
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Honolulu, HI
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 112 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: N/A
How Did You Get Started?
I never once thought that this would be something that I would be doing with myself but once I started dating Jody Westby-Hanalei who is currently competing and training in bodybuilding, I started to take some interest. I initially wasn't too interested and thought that it might just be some hobby of his but it is something that he takes seriously enough to make it a lifestyle. He never tried to convince me to try competing but eventually after seeing lots of pics from shows, I started to think that I could be good at this.
My dad was a champion Olympic lifter in the Soviet Union and I've always been athletic, so why not? I started with bikini in hopes of progressing onto figure but when I surpassed my expectations by winning the overall at my first show, I knew that this was the division my body is suited for. I love the way I can still be muscular yet still feminine and strut my stuff on stage.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Well, I like to follow a similar training program to that of bodybuilders.
Day 1: Front & Middle Delts/Triceps
- Side Laterals: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Wide-Grip Upright Rows: 2 sets of 12, 10 reps
- Side Laterals: 7 sets of 15 reps
- Straight-Bar Cable Pressdowns: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- One-Arm Reverse Cable Pressdowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Overhead Cable Extensions: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Rope Cable Pressdowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Day 2: Back/Rear Delts
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Close-Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Machine Row: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Low Back Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Cable Back Flyes: 2 sets of 12, 10 reps
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Legs/Calves
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 reps
- Standing Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Squats: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Wide-Stance Leg Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Hip Adductor: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Hip Abductor: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Glute Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Knee Extensions: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Day 5: Chest/Biceps
- Pec Deck Flyes: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Standing Straight-Bar Curls: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Reverse Curls: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Day 6 And 7: Off
I also do low-intensity cardio for 4 sessions of 30 minutes per week. However, I also do 2 sessions of 15 minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and I perform cycles of plyometrics exercises 4 times per week (depends on my soreness). Now that I'm in the offseason, I am trying to add more delts, calves, glutes, and low back.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- EAS 100% Whey Protein: 1 serving
- 4Ever Fit Creatine Monohydrate: 5 grams
- PrimaForce Leucine: 5 grams
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bikini is great because it is still very manageable for me. I am currently a college student that is also working along with training so I feel that I am not wearing myself out too much. I now do some modeling and I can really do a lot more in the offseason with a bikini body rather than one that was more muscular. So you could say that I enjoy the range that this body type allows me to have.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I think being healthy is the only way to be. If one respects themselves and wants to keep themselves in check, I see no other option. Life can only be lived once, so why waste it just because of excuses to enjoy momentary pleasures? The body is like a machine and it has to be cared for and maintained.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I want to do this because I wanted to prove to myself and my family that I could follow through with my goals along with teaching myself some discipline. My boyfriend Jody also did my training and diet so I couldn't waste his time. He was so great about knowing what to do to take me to the top. I can only hope that I can continue to make him and everyone else in my life proud by working as hard as I can.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Soon, I hope to compete at Team Universe in July. I really want to get my pro-card but it's just been hard doing everything by myself. Financially paying for training, food and school is a real challenge so I am actively trying to find some sponsors. Any help would be greatly appreciated because flying from Hawaii to New Jersey is very expensive!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The best advice I can give is: don't listen to advice that is not your trainer. Many people during my diet tried to put in their five cents and I appreciate their sentiment but people that don't compete really don't understand. It is good to surround yourself with others that are accustomed to the lifestyle so you can feel that the advice you're getting will fit your needs, not something they tried once or saw on Oprah.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Right now, I've been keeping my eye on Nicole Nagrani. She is sort of in the same boat I am (going to school and competing) and I would really be happy to be on the pro-stage soon. I am really loving competing, training and especially getting to know more people in this industry.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I'm still new to this site so my BodySpace page is still empty but I mostly like to look over what's for sale.