- Name: Eric Jones
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 41
- Where: Greenville, South Carolina
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: Off Season 255lbs Contest Weig
- Years Bodybuilding :26
- Favorite Bodypart: Whole Body
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: VPX - Meltdown
How Did You Get Started?
I started working out in High School to play football, loved it and never quit. I got encouragement from friends at age 20 to enter my first bodybuilding contest which I placed 2nd in a novice class. I've been in roughly 20 shows through the years and won several of those. My biggest accomplishment was winning the 2008 South Carolina Body Building Championships Overall Mr. South Carolina title.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
This is my workout program to get in shape for competition. There are four different workouts done over six day per week (Monday - Saturday) with Sunday being a rest day. It takes two weeks for the sequence to repeat.
Two Week Sequence
- Monday - (Workout #1) Back & Traps
- Tuesday - (Workout #2) Chest & Shoulders
- Wednesday - (Workout #3) Triceps & Biceps
- Thursday - (Workout #4) Legs
- Friday - (Workout #1) Back & Traps
- Saturday - (Workout #2) Chest & Shoulders
- Sunday - Rest Day
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Workout #1 Back & Traps
- Seated Rows: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Partial Dead Lifts (In Rack From Knees Up): 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Barbell Shrugs Behind Back: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Eric Jones' Workout 1.
Workout #2 Chest & Shoulders
- Machine Flyes: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Bench Press: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Incline Barbell Press: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Arnold Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Rear Delt Cable Pulls: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Eric Jones' Workout 2.
Workout #3 Triceps & Biceps
- Cable Push Downs: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Laying Barbell Extensions: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Dips: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Over Head Cable Rope Extensions: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Concentration Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Eric Jones' Workout 3.
Workout #4 Legs (Quads, Hams & Calves)
- Leg Extensions (One Leg At A Time) - 6 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Leg Extensions (Drop Set With Both Legs) - 1 Set Of 8, 8, 8 Reps
- Smith Machine Squats: 6 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Laying Leg Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Stiff Leg Dead Lifts: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Eric Jones' Workout 4.
Abs & Lower Back
Incline Sit-Ups: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
Hyperextensions: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Eric Jones' Abs And Lower Back Workout.
- Stair Climber - 20-30 Minutes
Note: (Abs, Lower Back & 20 Minutes Of Cardio Are Done After Each Workout.)
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1 - 6:30am
- 1 Carton Of Egg Whites 16oz / 2 Boiled Eggs
- 2 Scoops Of Whey Protein (40-50g)
- 1 Cup Of Oatmeal
Protein- 100g Carbohydrates- 54g
Meal 2 - 8:30am
Meal 3 - 11:00am
- 12oz. Ground Turkey Breast
- 7oz. - 200g Of Sweet Potato
- Green Vegetable
Protein - 84g Carbohydrates - 21g
Meal 4 - 1:30pm
Meal 5 - 4:30 Pm
Meal 6 - 8:30pm
Meal 7 - 10:00pm
Total: Protein - 564g Carbohydrates - 234g
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Optimum 100% Whey Protein
- BSN - Lean Dessert Protein Shake
- BSN- NO Xplode
- VPX - Meltdown
- Universal Animal Pak
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding gives me self-confidence; I was extremely shy as a kid. I now help other people with their training and diets. I've also trained several people for bodybuilding contests. I have one client this year that I expect will win some titles.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Hopefully staying young for as long as possible. I won the Overall Mr. South Carolina title at the 2008 South Carolina Bodybuilding Championships when I was 40 years old!!! Looks like this bodybuilding stuff works!!!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
My motto is "Always believe in yourself no matter what!" In the early years people told me I was wasting my time. I was always determined to prove them wrong.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I will be the Guest Poser at this years South Carolina Body Building Championships (June, 6 2009) in Columbia, SC at the Koger Center of Arts. Planning to compete in the 2009 NPC Masters Nationals in July.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My motto is "Always believe in yourself no matter what!"
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?