- Name: Corey Upton
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 22
- Where: Phoenix, AZ
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 230lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Curls
- Favorite Supplements: CTD Labs Noxipro
How Did You Get Started?
I got started weightlifting late in my senior year in high school; I always wanted to get big but never took it seriously.
Then the next summer when I was at the gym a local bodybuilder told me I was skin tight cut and that I should try a teen show. At first I just laughed at the idea of getting on stage in trunks and posing in front of a lot of people but I trained for the whole summer and entered the show. We had a stacked teen class and I ended up pulling a top 5 and I was pretty pumped.
After that I did two more teen shows and placed top 3. For some reason after the '08 season I stopped competing and training hard for two years, but then I went to a local Arizona show and decided I wanted to hop back in it. Since then I've moved all the way up to an open heavyweight champion this past March. That was my biggest goal - to win an open class. I'm now in training for two big shows: the Western Regional in Arizona and the Fitness America Weekend in Vegas. Hopefully I can pull off two more wins.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Well Arnold has been my role model since I started so my routine is pretty close to the one he used.
- Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Barbell Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Parallel Bar Dips: 3 sets of 15, 10 8 reps
- Pullovers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Chin-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Grip Chins: 4 sets of 10 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 sets of 15, 12, 8, 6 reps
- Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Squat: 1 warm-up set of 20 reps, 5 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Front Squats: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps each
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 20, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Standing Leg Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps each leg
- Straight-Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Donkey Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps each
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Machine Crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Crunches: 1 set of 50 reps
- Behind-The-Neck-Barbell Press: 1 warm-up set of 15 reps, 5 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Bent-Over Dumbbell Laterals: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls: 5 sets of 15, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps each arm
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps each arm
- One-Arm Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps each arm
- Barbell Wrist Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Wrist Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Seated Twists: 1 set of 100 reps each side
- Vertical Bench Crunches: 4 sets of 25 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I try to stick with a low crab low fat diet year round but I do add in some red meat when bulking. Here's a normal meal plan for me:
- 2 scoops whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I've pretty much tried every supplement out there so I know what works and what doesn't for bulking. I like to use Muscle Juice for protein and CellMass for creatine. I'll usually take about 3 Muscle Juice shakes per day and CellMass after my workout. Now for NO products I like Noxipro and PlasmaJet: I take both for my pre-workout and they give me hours of energy, a great pump and super vascularity. Other than that I stick with multivitamin, fish oil, 5 HTP, liver armor, potassium and vitamin D.
- CTD Labs Liver Armor: 2 caps
- Multivitamin: 1 serving
- Potassium: 200mg
- Vitamin D: 4000 IU
- Fish Oil: 2000mg
- Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice 2544: 4 scoops
- CTD Labs Noxipro: 2 scoops
- Gaspari Nutrition PlasmaJet: 4 caps
- BSN CellMass: 2 scoops
- 5-HTP: 200mg
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Because it makes you look and feel great and it makes us live longer. I don't know what I would do without it.
What Motivates You to Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Arnold has had more of an impact on me than anybody else; he is my role model and always will be. The first time I saw him in a magazine I just wanted to get a physique like his. I'm tall like him so he always stood out to me.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I never put 100% in to any sport before. I was always just OK, never one of the best but when I started competing I felt like it was my sport and where I belonged. So I decided I wanted to take it serious and reach all of my goals.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on doing my two next shows: AZ western regional and the fitness America weekend Vegas. After that I wanna try to do nationals in 2012 and go from there. It's a big step, but I think I can do it.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never let others tell you that you can't do something you can do whatever you put your mind to.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!
|Share This Article: