- Name: Chazz Anderson
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 36
- Where: Broken Arrow, OK
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 121 lbs off 114 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Glutes
- Favorite Exercise: Abs
- Favorite Supplements: Cellucor D4, Opti-Women, Cellucor IsoPro Ultra Lean
How Did You Get Started?
As Mrs. Oklahoma America 2006, I won a personal trainer for a year (Brenton Robinson of Kamagon Ball) After my reign was over, I inquired about training and competing in figure competitions. After competing in NPC state level shows for three years, I finally won the Figure Overall Champion title at one of the largest regional qualifiers in my area!
I had always been drawn to the physiques of Rachel McLish and Cory Everson. I purchased the book "Pumping Up" by Ben Weider and Robert Kennedy and wanted to have that physique; lean and strong. That was about 15 years ago! I finally have it!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
It is a mixture of the right amount of cardio, weights and conditioning. It is essential to know your body type to know what will work best for you. I found I must do a lot of cardio and weight train about 6 days a week to accomplish the look I want for contest season. Offseason I continue to work out every day, but not as aggressively.
Conditioning is essential as well so I mix that in there. Some people only need to do 30 minutes of cardio where I have to do two hours! But I won't complain about doing it! I am typically at the gym at 4:30 a.m. and again in the evening because I work full-time in banking and must manage my time as best I can!
I start with 2 warm up sets to get the muscles loose and blood circulating to prevent injuries. Workouts are different from day to day and depending on energy levels. Calories are slightly higher on plyometrics conditioning days. Cardio is always on an empty stomach first thing upon rising every day. The day I do Legs really depends on energy level on what day this is done. But it gets done.
- Overhead Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Side Laterals: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Anterior Raises: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Flat Bench Flyes: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Biceps Curls: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Drag Curls: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Bar Pulldowns: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Triceps Rope Extensions: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Reverse Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 15 reps
Leg Extension: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
Walking Lunges: 4 sets of 15-20 steps
- Leg Curl: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Leg Adductor: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Abductor: 4 sets of 15 reps
This is a mixture of jump rope, bike and box work performed for about 30 minutes. It's fast and I only take about a minute rest between the sets. I will mix it up but a typical workout is jump rope for 100 reps, then immediately bike (standard bike-not recumbent) for about 3 minutes and then jump rope again. I will follow this pattern 4-5 times. Sometimes, I will use a step box and jump side to side instead of the bike for 30 reps total side to side.
I won't typically lift but may do light cardio such as walking on treadmill for about 45 minutes, especially if I am in training for a contest.
Since abs are done every day, I mix them up daily however these are my favorite exercises:
- Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Reverse Crunches: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Regular Crunch: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Lifts: 4 sets of 20 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Again, knowing your body is essential here. What works for one person may not work for another. For me, I stick with lean meats like chicken, turkey and fish and complex carbs. I eat generally every 2-3 hours a day to keep my metabolism going, and I drink plenty of water - about half a gallon a day.
Offseason I stick to generally the same types of foods, but will indulge in something every once in awhile. I am a sucker for white birthday cake with butter cream icing!
- 1 scoop whey protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I would say it is a combination. Not just one thing can do it for me. A mixture of the right protein, fat burners and vitamins are essential for accomplishing your overall goal! I eat clean, limiting the sweeteners and additives to almost nothing. I am a firm believer in eating clean! Some of my favorite supplements are from Cellucor, Gaspari, Optimum Nutrition, Purus Labs and VPX Sports.
- Cellucor D4 Thermal Shock: 1 serving
- Purus Labs Recycle: 1 serving
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women Multivitamin: 1 serving
- Cellucor IsoPro Ultra Lean: 1 scoop
- Cellucor N0 Extreme, Fruit Punch: 1 packet
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love it because I have always been into sports - starting as early as 1st grade! I have been involved in ice skating, basketball, softball, cheerleading, swimming, track and rodeos and then Mrs. Oklahoma America 2006. As an adult, I wanted to find something that will keep me motivated and healthy but still have a competitive nature. So I found figure competitions to satisfy that for me!
I love the fitness aspect of competing because I am a self-proclaimed jock! Then, I also love being on stage, so my experience in the pageant world helps me there! I enjoy competing and it isn't really about competing against others, but rather against me. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I firmly believe that living a healthy lifestyle promotes longevity. I don't like the way I physically feel if I am not in shape or eating proper. So the best way for me to feel my best is to eat healthy and consistently work out. It's funny because most people want a 'diet' to lose weight when what they really need is a lifestyle change and to commit to those healthy habits forever.
That is what I do. Not just for me, but for my family. My husband has lost about 25 pounds recently due to his lifestyle change and my daughter has healthy eating habits as well. She loves apples! And, she told me she wants to be just like her mommy when she grows up - STRONG! (She's flexing too when she tells me this!)
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I think I was born with a trait to always want to accomplish something. I didn't always know what I could accomplish, which is why I tried so many things. Can I do this? Can I do that? I didn't know, so I attempted it. I entered contests all the time growing up; art contests, pie eating contests (yes I won) among others! You could always find me looking up contests to enter.
I didn't succeed at everything, but sure had fun trying it! I have a zest for life and wanting to try things all the time. I will not be that person says "I wish I would have done this and that..." I will be the one who said "I did this and that." I encourage you to do the same. I still want to write a book, skydive, obtain my personal training certification and who knows what else!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
In 2011, I will be competing in Jr. USA's in South Carolina, Jr. Nationals in Chicago and USA's in Las Vegas. Possibly more but not sure yet! It depends on my sponsorships. I also plan on making an appearance at the Europa Super Show in Dallas in August as part of Team Swoll-Up.com to promote their clothing. (You need to check them out by the way!)
I will compete as long as I can and am excited to become a trainer to add to my resume, and since it is something I love doing, it makes sense for me to help others!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
To be consistent. This is what wins. Enough said.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
Competition History and Accomplishments:
- Named in Status Fitness Magazine's Top 100 fitness models in the world
- NPC Junior Nationals Chicago: 14th Place Class B
- NPC USA's Las Vegas: 12th Place Class B
- NPC Nationals Atlanta: DNP
- NPC Omaha Showdown: 2nd Masters, 2nd Figure Short
- NPC Red River Championships Oklahoma: Class A and Overall Figure Winner
- Darrell Terrell's Total Package: 3rd Figure Short
- NPC Oklahoma Championships: DNP
- NPC Red River Championships: 5th Place
- NPC Oklahoma Championships: 6th Place
- Mrs. Oklahoma America
Thanks to my family, friends and coach Jeremy Minihan.