- Name: Charlotte Andersen
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 40
- Where: Lighthouse Point, FL
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 155 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :9
- Favorite Bodypart: Back and Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Wide Grip Lat Pulldown, Dumbbell Curls
- Favorite Supplements: SuperPump250
How Did You Get Started?
I have always been physically active and I was 13 years old when I entered a gym for the first time. However, it was more off than on until I reached the age of 26. I was at a point in my life where I needed to change my life. I had in my teenage years and early 20's made some bad life style choices in the terms of partying, drinking way too much and poor nutrition.
I had become skinny fat and didn't feel good about myself. I saw a fitness competition and I decided to get in shape. I became a personal trainer and I haven't left the gym since.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I have tried many workout plans over the years but my body responds best to heavy sets. I have reached the point where I am satisfied with the size of my upper body so I am super setting all my upper body exercises and working with a higher intensity.
Because of my height and the length of my legs, I have to hit my legs hard every week to gain mass. I have divided my leg work-out into two days a week so I do hamstrings one day and quads another. That has seemed to work the best for me.
I do 30 min. of cardio 3-4 times a week. I switch between the treadmill where I power walk or walk for 3 min. and sprint for 1 min. or the stair climber.
- Stiff Legged Deadlift: 6 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
- Seated Leg Curl: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Crunch: 5 sets of 12-15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 5 sets to failure
- Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Two-Arm High-Cable Curl: 4 sets of 12, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Close Grip Rope Cable Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dips: 4 sets to failure
- Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Overhead Rope Triceps Extension: 4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Seated Rear Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 12, 12, 10, 10 reps
- One Arm Shoulder Press Machine: 5 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Upright Row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Smith Machine Squats: 6 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 10, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- One Arm Seated Cable Row: 4 sets of 10, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Decline Push-Ups: 4 sets to failure
- Cable Crossover: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Smith Machine Incline Chest Press: 4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a sample of my nutrition plan for one day.
- 5 oz of tuna
- Medium salad (lettuce, cucumber, peppers, mushrooms) and balsamic vinegar
- 1 slice low sodium Ezekiel bread
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have tried several supplements over the years. The fat-burners that work the best for me are Hydroxycut and LIPO 6. I usually switch between the two and do 3 weeks on and 1 week off. Every morning with breakfast I also take a multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin B, potassium, chromium and vitamin D. To supplement my workout, these are the ones I have found that work for me.
- Dymatize ISO-100: 1 scoop
- BodyTech Glutamine: 1 tsp
- Multivitamin: 1 serving
- Vitamin C: 1000mg
- B-Complex 100: 1 serving
- Potassium: 99mg
- Chromium: 500mcg
- Vitamin D: 2000 IU
- Gaspari SuperPump250: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the way it makes me look and feel. Going to the gym and lifting weights is my daily meditation. If for some reason I am not able to make it to the gym - if I get sick of something - I get restless and I miss my "Gym-Fix". I love the attention that I get, and when someone gives me a compliment or asks me for advice.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The way I feel and look is my motivation. There are no lifestyle related deceases in my family so I do it because it gives me more energy, clothes fit better and my skin looks healthier. I feel privileged that I have ability to go the gym every day to obtain and maintain and healthy lifestyle. Also I feel proud and honored to be a positive role model for ladies over 40 and to be able to show that it can be done no matter what age.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I love the physique of the figure girls. I was done with looking skinny fat and when I started to see the changes, I wanted more.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I will compete for as long as I possibly can and hopefully get my pro card. This year the goal is to re-qualify for the nationals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
If you want to compete, go for it. You can do anything you want to and don't let anyone tell you any different. Talk to other competitors and learn from their experience. Also realize that we are all different and we respond differently to dieting so you can't compare your diet with someone else. The feeling you get when you are on stage showing off your hard work is the best feeling ever and overpower the sometimes challenging weeks of dieting and training.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My favorites are all the competitors that I have meet back stage and competed with. The diet, workout and determination to get there is hard work and yet everyone always has a great attitude making a very long and exhausting day fun and memorable.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I have met a lot of great people through the site and some of them I speak to on regular bases. I have used the forums to ask and answer questions and always received serious answers and comments. I use the site to check up on competition results and I'll go through the articles when I need motivation, new diet ideas or to check up on supplements.
- 2007 NPC Southern States, Figure Open: 5th place
- 2008 NPC Southern States, Figure Open: 7th place
- 2008 Danish Nationals, Figure Open: 6th place
- 2010 Panhandle Showdown, Figure Open: 1st place
- 2010 Panhandle Showdown, Figure Masters Over 30: 3rd place
- 2010 BB Gold Coast & Mari Redondo Figure, Figure Open: 2nd place