- Name: Cathy Hall
- E-mail: None
- Age: 49
- Where: Charleston, WV
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: N/A
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Lat Pulldowns/Chin Ups
- Favorite Supplements: Ultimate Muscle Protein/OxyELITEPro/Jack3d
How Did You Get Started?
Throughout my life, I have always stayed pretty fit and healthy but it was not until my kids were grown and not needing my undivided attention that my interest in bodybuilding became a true lifestyle. I decided to join a gym after years of working out at home. My 3 per week soon became 5 and now it's 7 and 3-4 are twice-a-days; even if it's just a second round of cardio.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Legs
- Squats: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Leg Press: 2 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 2: Chest/Triceps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Weighted Push-Ups: 6 sets of 15 reps
- Triceps Rope Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 3: Shoulders/Biceps
- Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dumbbell Lat Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 4: Legs
- Dumbbell Plie Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 25 reps
- One-Legged Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Jump Squat: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Hanging Knee Raises: 5 sets of 20 reps
- Twist Crunches: 3 sets of 30 reps
- Abdominal Crunches: 4 sets of 15 reps
Day 5: Back
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Chin Ups: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Straight Arm Pullovers: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Days 6 And 7: Cardio
I do at least an hour of
cardio each day, sometimes split in two workouts. Other days split pre and post workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 31g Protein Shake
- 4oz Tilapia
- 3/4 Cup Green Veggies
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein - Taken after 1st workout
- USPlabs OxyELITEPro - Taken twice a day
- USPlabs Jack3d - Taken pre-workout
- Dymatize Elite Gourmet Blend - Taken at night
- Glutamine - Taken post-workout
- Flax Oil - 1 Tsp twice daily in protein shakes
- Multivitamin, Fish Oil (1000mg), Glucosamine (1500mg), Chondroitin (1200mg), Calcium (600mg) - All taken prior to first meal
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding is a way to be fit and healthy that anyone can do and excel in with the right mindset, determination and motivation. I've always worked out a home but wanted to take it to the next level because it's always been an important part of my life. Not only does it improve your quality of life, and who doesn't want that? But gives you a very self gratifying feeling of what you accomplished, both physically and mentally. One of the biggest rewards I've received from bodybuilding lifestyle is when I am told by very fit/healthy 20-somethings what an inspiration I am to both men and women of all ages.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I want to live a long, healthy life in order to be here for my family. It's a wonderful feeling seeing what I have achieved and when I have someone years younger than me come to me and tell me that I've inspired them and put them on the road to a healthier lifestyle then that's all the motivation I need to keep going.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
There are too many people these days that have such a poor quality of life. Spending the last 20-30 years of their lives so unhealthy they get very little enjoyment throughout those years. Although you never know what's around the corner, there is so much we can do to ensure we will not be one of them.
I want to be the very best I can be, not only physically but mentally as well. Although bodybuilding works your body it gives you such a positive mental state. To feel so good about yourself and all you have accomplished, that is a goal I've set and have achieved!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Currently working towards my P.T. Certification and training for my first competition in Spring 2011.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never doubt yourself. You can achieve anything you believe. For the more 'mature members of the group, if I can reach my goals, anybody can. I will be competing at 50yrs old in the spring.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?