- Name: Carl Matthews Jr.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 40
- Where: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Height: 5' 11"
- Weight: 230 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Everything
- Favorite Supplements: I just use what I can afford.
How Did You Get Started?
In 2004 a trainer named Bill Linaker offered his assistance if I would do the 2004 Las Vegas Classic, Nov. 19, 2004. I placed 5th in the Heavyweight Novice and was hooked. I did 9 shows the next year and exactly 1 year to that date I got my first pro card in Natural bodybuilding.
MySpace Profile: www.myspace.com/mattchews34.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- I workout 6 sometimes 7 days a week, giving each body part its own day.
- I don't really use a plan - I workout according to the mirror and pics from previous shows.
- I never do the same workout from week to week - I use as many different styles/techniques and plans that I can and anything I learn new I give it a week. I will go through workouts for a month or more before I rotate back to a same workout. My concept is that I never give my body time to get into a routine, that way I continue to progress for every show.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- Keep it easy and simple - in off-time I eat everything for a good month; usually at the end of my last show of the year timed to be just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- When dieting: fish, chicken, turkey (beef only during off-time), and fresh veggies.
- Yams for carbs only. The leaner I want to be I will just use baked fish. I found that two months before a show what works for me is when I only eat baked fish for my protein every 3 hrs, from time I wake up till I go to sleep. Two weeks prior that baked fish will only be cod because it's lower in sodium.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- 30 mins before a work out I use a drink high in carbs
- During workouts I use water with two scoops of branch chain amino acids (BCAA)
- After workout - protein and glutamine
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
- Because it betters my life and heath.
- I do bodybuilding the way it was meant - it's all about bettering your health.
- Along with that comes a good looking physique. It also replaces a bad type of living.
- I was not to happy - bodybuilding is a live saver for me. There is not a moment I'm not working out, thinking about it, talking about it, even dreaming it... Yes sometimes I have dreams of workouts and can't wait to hit the gym as soon as I wake up, it's always something to learn, it expands my mind, body, and spirit.
Bodybuilding gives me an outlet - after all that work I put into my body, it needs to be presented, and on stage is the best place to do that. Most of all it gives me an opportunity to give GOD the glory of every routine. Since I first starte I have always had a message in the music I choose for my routine whether it be a prayer or just gospel music.
I give GOD the glory, but at the end of my routine, which I call the finale, is strictly for the audience. I never rehearse it. I play it as I feel it, that way we both enjoy it and they enjoy it even more when they see me enjoying it. It's all about entertainment, it keeps them wanting more and looking forward to see your next competition.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
- Give GOD the glory and praise.
- Always seek knowledge, always remain humble, stay true, do it right (natural).
- There is no one workout better than any other; incorporate them all for the better physique.
- Share what you've learned, it helps the future of bodybuilding.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
- All Natural bodybuilders no matter if they never win a show.
- I have respect and pride and by keeping it natural they respect the sport of bodybuilding the way it is meant to be.
- Not to disrespect those who choose to do it the other way, it's just my personal feeling and beliefs.
- There should be nothing illegal related to this sport which gives it a bad rap.
- There should be values: honor, loyalty, integrity, and discipline among other things.
New Contest Available At Bodybuilding.com:
Over 40 Transformations - We are now looking for submissions for our new over 40 transformation of the week. Do you think you qualify? Let us know. If you are interested please go to the following page:
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|