- Name: Brian Michaels
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 54
- Where: Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Cardio
- Favorite Supplements: Resveratrol, Açai
How Did You Get Started?
Last December I weighed 200lbs. I competed at 148 last Saturday with 4% body fat. I took 3rd in the Grand Masters on my first try at age 54. I had the time of my life and I am now hooked for sure.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I trained hard since last June picking up tips from Bodybuilding.com and some local trainers. The greatest change in body part came from cardio when I put in 100 miles in the 3 weeks prior to the "Classic". My quads came in that day as I dropped my water and carbed up.
- Machine Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Inline Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8 -12 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rear Delts: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dip Machine: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 1 set of 12-15 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Rowing: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Barbell Pullovers: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Biceps Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Abductor Machine: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Sitting Calf Raises: 3 set of 12-15 reps
Check Out More Sample Workouts Here.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Egg whites mixed with oatmeal for breakfast. Chicken and sweet potato in small meals during the day. No bread or high carbs after 1 PM and lots of broccoli, and salmon for dinner. Snacked on bell peppers and broccoli. Drank lots of water.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I am in the best shape of my life again. I am in better shape than high school when I played football. I look good and feel even better. Look at my pictures...only bodybuilding can restore your youth.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
No more "old age" aches and pains. Two years ago my doctor suggested that I have back surgery. With my new lifestyle I only feel tired when the workout is over. Then I rest and return the next day.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
My father died at age 64 of heart disease. Last December I was told that I was beginning to show the signs of heart disease.
- Cholesterol: 240 now 97
- Triglycerides: 300 now 78
- Blood Sugar: 126 now 80
- Blood Pressure: 135/98 now 100/80
I wish to live a lot longer and enjoy good health for many years to come.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Just placed 3rd 3/27/10 in Grand Masters at the Arizona Copper Classic at 148 lbs ripped but too lean. I wish to bulk up and add muscle so that I might be more competitive in the years to come. Larger and ripped at age 60 that's my goal.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
You can not control anyone or anything, but you can control yourself. Take control of your life first and learn to love what makes you you.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Zane for sure!What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I have read most of the articles on Bodybuilding.com which give me the true low down on training. I have also purchased all of my products from Pro Tan to trunks(4 pair). Always get more trunks than you think you will need! I will be purchasing most of my products from Bodybuilding.com in the future. Better prices than my local store and fast shipping. Thank you Bodybuilding.com.
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!
|Share This Article: