- Name: Brandy Breonnia Higgins
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 31
- Where: Layton, UT
- Height: 5'2 1/2"
- Weight: 120 Lbs Off 110 Lbs Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders/Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Legs/Back
- Favorite Supplements: Gaspari and BSN Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I joined the United States Army in 1999 after my 2nd year of college. The Army kept me in ok shape with basic running, pushups and sit ups. I had my son while on active duty and a year later returned to the civilian world. I ended up gaining a lot more weight like most women and without the physical training everyday from the Army, I kept adding on weight. After seeing a few pictures of me and my son horseback riding I was not happy with myself and even couldn't ride anymore as well.
I made my decision right then and there to change how I felt mentally and physically. I bought a Gold's Gym membership and began training in 2004. At first it was just to be healthy but after people kept telling me I should try to compete, I decided to do a figure show. Been hooked ever since!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I love training. I'm constantly changing my program to keep my body guessing. I do 5-6 days a week with weights and using plyometrics between sets. My exercises are 3-4 exercises per body part. Reps are anywhere from 8-25 depending on what I'm doing or training for at the time. I have to watch training my arms because they tend to gain size very fast.
Cardio 4-6 days a week 30-45 minutes (HIIT)
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Back/Biceps
- Pull Ups: 3 warm up sets of 8-10 reps
Cable Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Seated Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Elevated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 15 Reps
Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 15 Reps
- EZ-Bar Curls: 3 set of 10 reps wide medium and close grip
Day 2: Glutes/Hams/Abs
- Reverse Lunges: 4 sets of 10-20 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 set of 10-15 reps
- Incline Sprints: 3 sets of 1 minute
- Bench Steps Ups: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Standing Leg Curl: 3-4 sets 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Laying Leg Curls: 3-4 sets 10-15 reps
- Glute Kickbacks: 4 sets 15-20 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets 20-25 reps
Machine Crunch: 4 sets 20-25 reps
Reverse Crunches: 4 sets 20-25 reps
Day 3: Chest/Triceps
- Incline Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Chest Press Machine: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 6 sets of 20-25 reps
- Decline Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 15-25 reps
One-Arm Pressdown: 3 sets 10-15 reps
One-Arm Reverse Pressdowns: 3 sets 10-15 reps
Day 4: Conditioning/Abs
- Bear Crawls: 3-5 sets of 3-4 minutes
- Decline Crunches: 3-4 sets 20-25 reps
- Lying Leg Raises: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Bicycles: 3 sets of 12 reps, 1 set of 14 reps
Day 5: Shoulders
- Seated Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Lateral Raises: 7 sets of 12 reps
- Reverse Cable Cross: 4 sets of 25 reps
- Face Pulls: 3 sets of 25 reps
Day 6: Quads/Abs
- Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse Hack Squats: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 21 reps
- Leg Extension: 7 sets of 15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 sets to failure
Day 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
My normal day off season depends on training and how I look.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It's a way of life. Seeing the improvements I make each show makes me so excited for the next show. It has helped me to change the way I look at life by becoming fit and healthy. I feel better mentally and physically. I hope to inspire other women who have children that they can change their health and set example for their children.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I would have to say my son. I want to be around for him. I hope to set an example for him.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I love a challenge. I was in the Army and basic training for me was a big challenge. So setting goals and reaching them for me make me just as proud as serving my country. Some days are hard and you don't feel like getting in the gym or spending hours on cardio and prepping food but end the end when you're in the best shape of your life it is all worth it.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on Emerald Cup in 2011 and then back to USA's in Las Vegas to compete for my Pro Card. I hope to get a sponsorship soon as well. I have been working really hard and hope to find one.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Compete against yourself and love your sport! Hire a posing coach with good experience who can help you present yourself on stage. I think with figure the presentation is the most over looked part of contest prep. And you should practice every day. I pose sometimes between sets.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?